Oberyn Martell Pt. 2

After your encounter with Prince Oberyn, you immediately rushed to the secluded part of the garden; it had a beautiful view of the water and it was overgrown from a lack of care meaning nobody would venture into that part, giving you a place to think in silence. You paced and paced and tried to calm down but his words kept ringing in your ears. You picked up a rock and threw it into the bay, yelling in frustration. You heard the grass move behind you and quickly pulled your sword out. You watched as Oberyn walked out from the tall grass, his hands slightly raised. "I did not mean to frighten you, little lion." You put your sword away and turned back to face the water, rubbing the tears off your face. "I apologize for the way our first meeting went." He said as he stood beside you; he was standing so close you could feel the warmth emanating off of him. "There is nothing to apologize for, my prince." He looked at you and saw your eyes were red from crying. "I know you had nothing to do with what happened to my sister." He said softly. You continued to look ahead. "My father is a cruel and insufferable man. I don't blame you for hating my family." Silence. "I see how you care for your brother." The edges of your lips tugged upwards. "He is more tolerable than the rest of them." Oberyn chuckled and you looked up at him. "I am truly sorry about your sister." He looked at you and saw that you were being genuine; his heart raced a little faster. "Thank you." He said softly. You blushed a little and turned back to face the water. "Is it true you have 8 daughters?" You asked changing the subject. "Yes, they are the lights of my life." You smiled a bit. "I'm sure they're just as delightful as their father." He smiled. "They would like you. You're fearless, intelligent... beautiful beyond words." You looked up and met his gaze. "Your flattery will get you nowhere." You said as Oberyn leaned closer. "No?" He whispered softly, his hands moving to your waist; your skin burned at his touch. As his lips brushed against yours, you heard twigs snapping and hurried footsteps. You quickly broke apart and Oberyn stepped infront of you. You watched as your brother Jamie walked out and you sighed. "Prince Oberyn, I'm surprised to see you." He said and looked between you two. "What do you want, Jamie." He looked at you. "Father would like a word with you." You stiffened a bit, something Oberyn noticed. "Fine, I'll be there in a moment." "He said it was urgent." "Yes, Jamie. I'm sure he did, and I said I would be there in a moment." He gave you one last look before walking away. You groaned in frustration. "He's always had absolutely terrible timing." You said and he chuckled a bit. "Will you sit by me at dinner this evening?" You asked and he brushed a strand of hair behind your ear. "It would be my honor, little lion." You blushed at the nickname. "Don't be late." You kissed his cheek before running off the way Jamie had gone. Oberyn felt cold without your touch and he knew in that moment that you had sunken your claws into the Red Viper, and there was no way he was leaving King's Landing without you.