the battle of starcourt pt.1

I continue to scream and sob; the pain in my leg was excruciating. "What is that?" I hear Erica quiz. "There's something in there," Mike blurts. "No!" I scream, "Jesus Christ." Dustin gagged. "Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan ordered as he got up and ran to get something. "Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake, stay awake. Let's get her on this side, on this side." Mike demanded. Robin began to tell a story about the goalie on her soccer team. Jonathan comes back, "Okay. All right, Y/n? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" He explains. "Okay," I sob. "I need you to stay real still. Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" Jonathan continues Mike put the spoon in my mouth as Jonathan put the knife up to my leg. "Do it," Mike demands. "Okay," Jonathan whispers. As he dug the knife into the wound, I scream and cry. Jonathan sticks his fingers into the cut, and I sob harder, "Jonathan!" Nancy shouts, "Hey, stop talking!" He yells back. He pushed his fingers around to try and search for the thing in my leg, "No! Stop it!" El shouts. We all look up at her, "I can do it." She says, crouching down next to me. Mike held my shoulders as I gave El my leg. She stuck her hand out over the wound and used her powers to pull it out. As she did so, I scream and cry. I broke a window. Once she pulled it all the way out, she threw it across the room, and I sigh, falling back into Mike.

I hear a splat. We look up to see Hopper, Joyce, and a bald man in front of us.

time skip

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike explains, "And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy continues. "How big is this thing?" Hopper questions. "It's big. Thirty feet, at least." Jonathan replies. "Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry." Lucas blurt. "Okay, so, just to be clear, this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt Y/n, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?" Steve questions as Joyce looks to Hopper and me. Hopper was helping clean my face. "Yes," Nancy replies. "But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon... with melted people," Steve explains. "Yes, exactly," Nancy adds. "Yeah, okay. I--Yeah, I'm just making sure." Steve says. "Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce quizzes. "El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive," Max replies. "But if we close the gate again--" Will starts. "We cut the brain off from the body." Max continues, "And kill it. Theoretically." Lucas finishes.

"Yoo-hoo! Yoo-hoo!" The bald man exclaims, waving papers around

mini time skip

"Okay, so this is what Alexei called 'the hub.' Now, the hub takes us to the vault room." The bald-man explains. "Okay, where's the gate?" Hopper asks. "Right here. I don't know the scale on this, but I think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe 50 feet or so." He continued. "More like 500. What, you're just gonna waltz in there like it's commie Disneyland or something?" Erica interrupts. "I'm sorry, who are you?" the bald man asks. "Erica Sinclair. Who are you?" She asks back. "Murray... Bauman," He replies. "Listen, Mr. Bunman, I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down in that shithole for 24 hours. And with all due respect, you do what this man tells you, you're all gonna die." She retorts, pointing to us. "I'm sorry, why is this four-year-old speaking to me?" Murray hisses. "Um, I'm ten, you bald bastard!" She seethed. "Erica!" Lucas shouts. "Just the facts!" She replies. "She's right. You're all gonna die, but you don't have to. Excuse me. Sorry, may I?" Dustin asks. "Please." Murray smiles. "Okay, see this room here? This is a storage facility. There's a hatch in here that feeds into their underground ventilation system. That will lead you to the base of the weapon. It's a bit of a maze down there, but between me and Erica, we can show you the way." Dustin explains. "You can show us the way?" Hopper repeats, "Don't worry, you can do all the fighting and the dangerous hero shit, and we'll just be your... navigators." Dustin says. "No." Hopper says, shaking his head, "Nope." He continues.