the monster pt.2

As Lucas packed his bags, I sat on his bed, watching. I walked next to him as he walked his bike outside. "Lucas, I-I'm not gonna go with you," I frown. "What are you gonna run back to your boyfriend," He mocks. "No, Mike's not my boyfriend. I'm just gonna go to the quarry for a breather. All of this fighting is making my head foggy," I explain. Lucas nods. "I'll meet up with you later. I'll walky you," I smile.

We go our separate ways, Lucas to find the gate, and me to blow off some steam.

mike's pov

"This is weird without Lucas and y/n," Dustin admits. "They should've shaken my hand," I sigh. "They're just jealous," Dustin corrected. "What are you talking about?" I ask. "Sometimes, your total obliviousness just blows my mind. He's your best friend, right?" Dustin asks. "Yeah... I mean, I don't know," I shrug. "It's fine. I get it. I didn't get here until the fourth grade. He had the advantage of living next door. But none of that matters. What matters is that he is your best friend. And y/n, well, that's a different story. Ever since the day you met her, you two have been inseparable. Yeah, Lucas is your best friend. But the relationship you have with y/n, it's a different kind of relationship. It's stronger, more emotionally driven. It's love, but you two just won't admit it. And then this girl shows up and starts living in your basement, which might I add, is where y/n used to sleep, and all you ever want to do is pay attention to her," Dustin explained. "That's not true!" I defend. "Yes, it is. And you know it. And he knows it, and she knows it. But no one ever says anything until you all start punching and yelling at each other like goblins with intelligence scores of zero. Now everything's weird," Dustin sighs. "He's not my best friend," I blurt. "Yeah, right," Dustin chuckles. "I mean, he is, but so are you. And so is Will. And y/n," I add. "Nope, y/n isn't your best friend, she's more. Besides, you can't have more than one best friend," Dustin smirks. "Says who?" I ask. "Says logic," he replies. "Well, I call bull on your logic, because you're my best friend, too," I smile. "Okay. Still doesn't make up for y/n," he laughed. "Oh, whatever," I groan.

your pov

As I walked through the forest on my way to the quarry, I swore I heard rustling. "Hello?" I call out. "Hey, there, whore," Troy hissed as he and James walked up the hill. "Shit," I pant. I turn the other way, running as fast as I could. "You're dead, Harrington," I could hear him yell after me.

mike's pov

As Dustin and I called for Eleven, I heard Troy's familiar voice yell "You're dead, Harrington,"

"Shit, y/n's in trouble! We gotta help her!" I yell, running after the voice, Dustin trailing behind me.

your pov

I ran all the way to the quarry, Troy not too far behind me. I didn't realize that only Troy was behind me until James was blocking my path in the front. "Shit!" I exclaim. I pick up two rocks, "Stay back! Don't come any closer!" I threaten. I throw one stone at James, missing horribly. "Nice throw, Harrington," James teased. I turn around, trying to throw another rock at Troy, only to miss again. Troy grabbed my throat, putting his knife to it.

"Y/n!" I heard a voice call. I try my best to turn, only to see Dustin and Mike running closer towards us. "Get off! Get off me!" I yell. "Let her go! Let her go!" Mike screamed. "All right," Troy smirked, throwing me to the ground. I thought we were done, but not too long after, James grabs Mike and hands him over to Troy, putting Mike in the same place I was just in. "Let him go! Let him go!" I cry. "Stay back, or I cut him!" Troy smirked. "What do you want?" I ask. "I want to know how you did it?" Troy asked. "How I did what?" I question. "I know you did something to me. Some nerdy science shit to make me do that," Troy exclaimed. "You mean piss your pants?" I correct. "Our friend has superpowers, and she squeezed your tiny bladder with her mind," Dustin admit. "Shut up!" Troy yelled, placing the knife closer to Mike's neck. "I think I should save Frog-face here a trip to the pond. Help him lose that ugly face of his," Troy threatened. "Let him go. Let him go!" I shout. "I'll let him go, sure. But first... it's your turn," Troy explained. "My turn for what?" I ask. "Wet yourself," Troy scolded. "What?" I ask.

"Jump... or Frog-face here gets an early trip to the swamp," Troy demanded. "Stop! No!" Mike gasped. "I'll cut him right now!" Troy seethed. "All right, just hold on! Hold on!" I yell. "Y/n, don't do it. I can handle a few stab wounds, y/n!" Mike yelled as I backed up onto the cliff. "Y/n, seriously, don't!" Mike shouted as I walked even further. I made it to the edge, my feet hanging over. "Y/n, don't do it! Seriously, don't do it! Seriously, don't!" Mike and Dustin cried. "Troy, I don't think that's a good idea, man," James rationalized. "Y/n, don't!" Mike begged. "Their time runs up in five...Four! Three! Two!" James shouted. "Y/n!" Dustin and Mike called. "One!" Troy yelled. I jump off the edge, taking in what might've been my last breath.

mike's pov

As soon as Troy let me go, I ran to the edge to see what happened. "Holy shit," Dustin gasped.

your pov

I was... floating in mid-air. All of a sudden, a force pulled me up.

Thank god I wore jeans today

"Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah!" I shout as I was lifted farther up. I landed back on the cliff. I look around to see Eleven walking up to us. My mouth dropped. El used her powers to push James to the ground. After another second, we heard a snap, then Troy scream. El broke his arm. "She broke my arm! My arm!" he cried. "Go," She demanded. "Let's get out of here!" He cried. "Yeah, that's right! You better run! She's our friend, and she's crazy! You come back here and she'll kill you! You hear me? She'll kill you, you sons of bitches!" Dustin yelled.

"Mike!" I cried as he ran over to me, embracing me in a hug. "you--you saved me," he panted. "I'm sorry," I cried. "Sorry?' Sorry for what? You almost killed yourself to save me!" He exclaimed. "I never wanna fight with you again," I cry, burying my head into his chest. I pull away from the hug before walking over to El.

"El?" I call. "Y/n... I'm sorry." El cried. "Sorry? What are you sorry for?" I smile, repeating my last conversation with Mike. "The gate... I opened it. I'm the monster," She cried. "No. No, El, you're not the monster. You saved me. Do you understand? You saved me," I exclaimed, lifting her up before hugging her. Mike and Dustin joining after.