holly, jolly pt.2

"El! You okay?" Mike asks as El nods. "You can hop on the back of Lucas's bike. We only have a few hours," Mike explains. El walks over to Lucas and climbs on the back of his bike. I was just relieved Mike didn't make me get off his. "So much for not coming," I think to myself.

"Hey, is your chin okay?" I ask Mike as we walk his bike up the hill. "Oh, right. Yeah, it's fine." he mumbles. "you're lying. Let me see it," I demand, grabbing his chin and lifting it up so I could see. "When we get back, I can fix you up if you want," I offer, letting go of his face. "Sure, that'd be nice. Some quality bonding time with my best girlfriend," he smiles, but both our eyes widen after we realize what he said. "I mean, like--you're my best friend that's a girl," he corrects. "It's okay, Mike," I laugh.

lucas's pov

"They are close, no?" El blurts, Dustin and I look over to her as she points at y/n and Mike. "Oh yeah, very close. Y' know, Dustin, Will, and I always had a theory they were dating, or at least like each other. And, I mean, everyone except Mike and y/n knows that y/n likes him, for Christs sake, she doesn't even know. God, they're oblivious. But, you can't tell either of them we had this conversation," I explain. El nods, glaring at y/n's neck like she had daggers in her eyes.

your pov

"Here," El exclaims. "Yeah, this is where Will lives," Mike states. "Hiding," El whispers. "No, no, this is where he lives. He's missing from here. Understand?" Mike repeats. "What are we doing here?" Lucas asks. "She said he's hiding here," Mike explained. "Um... no!" Lucas scoffs. "I swear, if we walked all the way out here for nothing--" Dustin starts. "That's exactly what we did. I told you she didn't know what the hell she was talking about!" Lucas shouts. "Why did you bring us here?" Mike asks. "Mike, don't waste your time with her," Lucas warned. "What do you want to do then?" Mike quizzes. "Call the cops, like we should've done yesterday," I suggest. "We are not calling the cops!" Mike exclaims. "Hey, guys?" Dustin murmurs. "What other choice do we have?" Lucas asks, backing me up. "Guys!" Dustin shouts. All of a sudden, we hear sirens. "Will..." I whisper. We run to our bikes, I get on Mike's as we follow the cars.

When we arrive at the quarry, we hide behind the firetrucks so nobody could see us. "It's not Will. It can't be," Mike exclaims as we see Will's body. "It's Will. It's really Will," I cry into Lucas and Mike's shoulders. "Mike..." Eleven exclaims, reaching out for him. Mike slaps her hand away, " 'Mike?' 'Mike," what?" You were supposed to help us find him alive. You said he was alive! Why did you lie to us? What's wrong with you? What is wrong with you?" Mike retorts. "Mike..." El whispers. "What?" He snaps. "Mike, come on. Don't do this, man. Mike..." Lucas sighs. "Mike, where are you going? Mike!" Dustin calls. "I'll get him," I cry, running after him.

"What?" Mike shouted as I ran up to him. "I--I need a ride back to your place," I pant. "Okay, get on," he groans. When we make it back to his house, his family is in the living room. "Michael? Y/n?" Karen calls. "What's wrong?" she asks. Mike and I both embrace her in a hug, crying into her shoulder.