suzie, do you copy? pt.2

Mike and I sprung up from the bed after realizing we were gonna be late again. I sprinted to the dresser. Slipping on (outfit above). "That's cute," Mike smiled as I finished changing. "Thanks. Now let's go," I sigh, grabbing his hand as we run outside to his bike, riding to Dustin's house. As Dustin walked out into the living room, chasing his figures. El used her powers to stop the toys. We snuck up behind Dustin with the banner and the noisemakers. Max counting us down. We blew into the noisemakers as Dustin swiftly turned around, spraying Lucas in the eyes with his Farrah Fawcett spray.

"I call it... the forever clock. All right? Powered by wind. Very useful in the apocalypse. Then, I give you... the slammer. Pretty neat, huh?" Dustin chuckles as he shows us various creations of his. "But this... this is my masterpiece." Dustin grunts, slamming the duffel bag down. We all sit on the floor to get a closer look at what he was showing us. "I would like you to meet... Cerebro," Dustin exclaims. "What exactly are we looking at here?" Mike asks. "Yeah, what is this?" I follow. "An unassembled one-of-a-kind battery-powered radio tower," Dustin bubbled. "So, it's a... a ham radio," Will quizzed. "The Cadillac of ham radios. This baby carries a crystal-clear connection over vast distances. I'm talking North Pole to South. I can talk to my girlfriend whenever and wherever I choose," Dustin explains casually. "Girlfriend?" We all ask in shock. "Wait, so her name is Suzie?" Mike asks. "Suzie with a "z." She's from Utah," Dustin adds. "Girls go to science camp?" Will questions. "Suzie does. She's a genius," Dustin brags. "Is she cute?" I ask. "Think Phoebe Cates, only hotter," Dustin smirks. "What's going on?" Max asks. "Going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend," Will smiles. "Girlfriend?" Lucas and Max ask.

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas asks. "Cerebro works best at a hundred meters," Dustin explains. "You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones," Max adds. "Yeah, but Suzie's Mormon," Dustin continues. "Oh, shit. She doesn't have electricity?" Lucas asks. "Oh, that's the Amish," Max corrects. Mike and I stayed back, laughing at each other's jokes. "Hey, guys!" Mike calls. They turn around to face us. "This is fun and all, but, uh... my mom wants us back early for dinner," Mike shouts. "We're almost there," Dustin cuts in. "Sorry, man. Mom's orders," Mike defends. "Come on, let's go," Mike whispers. "El, are we taking you home?" I ask. "No, Max is," El replies. I nod. "Bye. Good luck!" I shout as I chase Mike down the hill.

third pov

"Dinner at 4:00?" Dustin asks. "They're lying," Lucas continues. "It's been like this all summer," Will sighs. "It's romantic," Max defends. "It's gross," Will groans. "It's bullshit. I just got home. Well, their loss, right?" Dustin corrects.

Your pov

I quickly turn back around to see the group looking annoyed. "Should we go back? It wasn't right to lie," I sigh. "Would you rather have to walk up that hill and sit up there probably all night?" Mike asks. "No," I mumble. "Then good thing I saved our asses," Mike retorts. I scoff.

time skip

When Mike and I got home, we ran straight to his room. I lie down on the bed, sighing in relief from the sudden comfort. "Hey, y/n?" Mike mumbles. "Yeah?" I ask. "I'm sorry for losing my temper on you earlier. It's just, I thought you were making excuses to not be with me, and I got sad. That's all," Mike pouts. "It's okay, Mike, really," I reassure him. "Can I make it up to you?" Mike asks. "How?" I reply. Mike leans in, closing the gap between us. My hands finding my way to Mike's hair. I smile into the kiss. The sweet moment was ruined by a knock at the door. Mike and I quickly pull away from each other as Mrs. Wheeler walks into the room. "Hi," Mike stammers as we struggle to find position's on the bed that didn't make what we were doing obvious. "Hi. I might be going out tonight with the ladies, so do you want me to give you money for pizza, or are you good with eating something here?" Mrs. Wheeler asked. "Um, I don't--I don't know. Y/n, what do you want?" Mike stuttered. "I'm fine with whatever," I smile. "Okay, I'll leave money just in case," Mrs. Wheeler replied. "Okay, bye, mom," Mike shooed. "Oh, and Mike," Mrs. Wheeler continued. "Yes, mom?" Mike asked. "You have something on your face," she smirked, referring to the stain my tinted lipgloss had left on his face. Mike quickly tried to wipe it off. "Bye, mom!" he yelled. Mrs. Wheeler chuckled as she left the room, closing the door on her way out. "That wasn't awkward at all," I laugh. Mike pauses for a moment before he wraps his arms around me, trapping me as he begins to tickle me. "Mike! Mike! Mike! Let go! Let go!" I laugh loudly. "Shhh. You're gonna wake Holly up," Mike teased. "Mike! Stop!" I laugh, trying to squirm my way out of his grasp. Finally, he stopped, turning me around to face him as he embraced me in a relaxing hug.