CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Start from the beginning

"Hello, Johnathan?"

"Good morning, I got some good news for ya," Johnathan beamed, his voice sounded extremely excited and enthusiastic about the news that he was going to reveal to me.

"Okay, I'm almost on my way to work," I said, turning in the direction of my job. "What's the good news?"

"I got you in a meeting with an agency the following weekend," He stated.

Wow.

"So soon? Where's the agency at and what do I need to bring for it?"

"You're going to need your resume, headshot, and al—," Johnathan explained.

I interrupted him, "I don't have any headshots Johnathan, or any modeling photos except for selfies. Do selfies count?"

I parked the car as I arrived at the building, parking in my usual parking spot.

"So I'll have to schedule you a photoshoot to build your portfolio? You want to be the actress, why don't you have your portfolio created yet, Breanna?" He questioned. "I'm not even asking you to pay me, I'm doing this out of the kindness of my heart because I see something in you. You look like you could be someone, Breanna but the stuff that I'm doing is like I'm your manager in a way. You do know that you need a lawyer to help you fill out the contract and paperwork?"

"I'm sorry, I was going to but work has been my only factor at the moment," I sighed, feeling like I was getting scolded like a child. "And trust me, your help does not go unnoticed. I told you that you could be my agent but you're the one wanting me to go through all of this."

Since Johnathan was the person that saw the potential in me to become a star, I figured that he could be my agent and I'd gladly pay him for it. I guess with his many businesses and ventures, he didn't want me as a client.

"Because Breanna, I'm more of the behind the scenes guy that makes money," He explained. "I don't have any problem helping you out but if we end up working together then a lot of things will be different. With my business, it's more of a partnership meaning we're both bosses, you sign the contract and then you join my team. After you join my team, you work and I work together, but also in this business relationship, I don't particularly owe you anything else. And I also have other clients, so I'm a busy guy that is also making things happen for other people..."

I listened, finally understanding why he didn't want to have me as a client.

"So it won't be just your time that I'm working on, there are others. I wanted you to go this route so that you get yourself out there in an agency that will be more helpful than I can do which is providing you with the right people and it'll be way quicker,"

"Fine," I nodded my head, getting his explanation. "Well, I gotta' head inside and clock-in,"

"Alright, I'll text or call you for ya' lunch break and see what imma' do with this headshot stuff," He assured me.

"Okay," I hung up the phone, getting out of the car as I got ready to head inside. I got to the clock in area, clocked myself into the system then left the room to go to the break area to make coffee for everyone. I missed making coffee as I grabbed the tray and cups, checking the coffee maker, I poured the coffee into the cups, added the sugar, and topped it up as a smile crossed my face.

I took the tray, leaving the break room, and got to film studio room. I spotted a few set designers getting started along with Mr. McKnight holding stacks of papers as he spoke with Malaysia. Before I got to head over to them, I got a tap on my arm causing me to turn around and notice that it was Leandra.