Chapter 7

Bryanna POV

Y'all we in quarantine and these kids is working every nerve in my damn body.

I'm in the kitchen cooking. Desmond just ran out to the store to pick up a few things for the house and he took all of the kids aged 13 and over with him.

I was seasoning the chicken when I hear a kid scream.

Lord be with me please.

I wipe my hands off and head into the living room.

Me: What is going on in here?

Justice: Nothing.

He said that way too quick.

Me: Who just screamed?

De'Aisha: KiKi.

Me: Akilah, why were you screaming?

Akilah: It was nothing mommy.

I eyed them all.

Me: Sit down and watch a movie.

I went back in the kitchen to finish seasoning the chicken. It wasn't even a good 5 minutes before I heard a crash.

I walk back in the front where they were. I stopped in my tracks when I saw what the crash was. The whole tv was on the fucking floor.

I had to turn around and take a few deep breaths before I could face my children.

Me: What the hell happened?

They all looked at each other and then back at me.

Me: I'm gone ask one more time. What the hell happened in here?

They ain't say nothing.

Me: Alright. Y'all ain't gone say nothing?

They just looked at the ground.

I walked up to my room and got my belt. They think I'm playing.

I walked back downstairs.

Me: Since don't nobody wanna talk, everybody getting they ass whooped. Let's go Zahra. You first.

I grabbed her arm and turned her around.

Zahra: No mama wait.

I turn her around to look at me.

Me: You gone tell what happened?

She looked at all her younger siblings then back at me.

Zahra: I broke the tv mama. They didn't do anything.

I expected that from Zahra but I know she ain't break that tv by herself.

Me: So Zahra broke the tv by herself? Y'all  ain't have no parts in it?

They still ain't say nothing. Any other time, these kids would be talking a mile a minute but now they all done went mute.

Me: Zahra, I love the fact that you willing to take the fall for your younger siblings but I know you ain't break it by yourself. Now, y'all can either start talking now or take that ass whooping from y'all dad when he get back. It's y'all choice.

The front door opened right as I said that.

Perfect timing.

Me: Desmond! Come get your kids!

He walked in the living room and his eyes immediately went to the wall where the tv once sat.

Desmond: What the hell?!

Shit. He pissed.

Me: Zahra said she did it but we know she ain't do it by herself. I'll let you handle it tho. I'm bout to finish cooking.

I walked back in the kitchen praying for my kids. They should of just sat they ass down and watched a movie. But no. They couldn't do that. They had to be in there playing around and breaking shit. Now they getting they ass beat.

I know Desmond gone get to the bottom of who really did it though. They know not to lie to him.

The other kids walked into the kitchen with the bags from the grocery store. We spray everything down before bringing it into the house.

Me: I'll put it all up. Yall go get outta those clothes and put them in the hamper at the top of the stairs so I can wash them.

They said okay and left to go do that. I put everything up and put the bags in the cabinet. We keep all plastic bags cause you never know when you might need to use one.

I walked back in the living room and saw all of the kids standing on the wall.

Me: Did they tell you who really did it?

Des: They was running around playing and throwing stuff around. Apparently it was a ball down here that shouldn't have been and they threw it into the tv.

I shook my head.

Me: How long it take you to get them to tell?

Des: Oh, not long. I started whooping asses and the truth came out.

Me: How long they on the wall for?

Des: What time will you be done cooking?

Me: About 6:00.

He looked at his watch.

Des: Its 5 now so I'm thinking till maybe 10 or so minutes before dinner ready so they can go wash up before we eat.

He walked out and I stood there looking at my children.

Me: All y'all had to do was sit down and watch a movie.

I walked away shaking my head.

That was all they had to do. Now I'm pretty sure they den all caught a couple licks with the belt. And they in the corner. I used to hate standing in the corner when I was younger.

Des ordered another tv online and him, DJ, and Zy'Aire are going to go pick it up in the morning.

All I know is, we need to get the hell up outta quarantine.
____________________________________
Chapter 8 coming soon

How is everyone doing? Is everybody healthy?

How are my followers with kids doing during this quarantine? I don't have kids but my niece and nephews have been driving me crazy.