The bright light of a lamp was hurting in my eyes and I prepared for what was going to come.
"Are you afraid?" Minho asked but I shook my head.
"I knew how this will be like. I'll make it through and avenge my parents at any cost."
"Thats the spirit." Minho chuckled and pulled out a piece of cloth to wrap around my head to cover my eyes.
"It is better if you not see what will happen next." he sighed and I started to tense. Calm down San, calm down.

It was quiet for a while end every second the anxiety got worse.
"Oh, and San" the man broke the silence. "How did you find out about your ability?"
"So... I was stabbed a few times and left in the cold. But when I woke up I was totally fine." I told him remembering how Wooyoung had tried to kill me.
"Right... I saw it in the news. It was that famous killer... Bang Chan was his name?"
I almost forgot that another person was still considered the criminal that was actually Wooyoung. He had planned this very well.
"The news doesn't know the truth because the real criminal is still out there. Hiding... and preparing for his final move."
There was no reason to keep quiet about it. I tried helping Wooyoung but there was no hope for him anyway. But still... immediately after I said that I felt bad.

"Is that so...?"
I didn't answer to his question.
"I'm sorry but this will hurt a lot."
He didn't even give me time to answer before suddenly an unendurable pain went up my arm. It felt like it was on fire... no I didn't feel my arm at all... because it had been cut of.

I closed my eyes and couldn't suppress a scream from comming out of my mouth. It was worse than being stabbed. Worse than dying...
I told him to stop and tried to free myself but everytime one of my limbs grew back he chained it down and cut it of again. Hand, arm, leg, feet one after another.

It was torture but that was only the beginning.

The next four days I didn't leave the room nor the chair. I couldn't sleep nor drink and eat. Any other person would have been dead by now but the wish of knowing the truth and avanging my family was what kept me alive.
Jisung and Minho took turns doing tests with me and every time the pain got worse. I couldn't even fall unconscious because they gave me some kind of drug to make me stay awake...

It was the end of the second das and Jisung came in. My eyes were closed but I could recognize his footsteps.
"Please" I whispered and turned my head in the direction of the voice.
"I can't take it anymore." But Jisung didn't even give me an answer before placing some cold metal on my chest.
"Endure it." he simply said and suddenly a shock of electricity went through my veins and body.
I shook and wasn't able to breath nor scream. My head stopped beating but my mutation made it beat again and figh against the electricity. Was this the way I'd get what I wanted? Was all of this to make me stronger?"

In that moment I didn't hear anything anymore but a voice in my head that sounded like my own spoke to me. However, I wasn't the one speaking.

Let me help you.

It sounded amused, scary and threatening.

Who are you?

I asked.

I am you.

I don't know you.

If you're not letting me help you, I have no other choice.

A wave of coldness went through my mind and it felt like all the pain swept away in an instant. Just like the panic and sadness or any other emotion that seemed to be frozen.
I felt myself getting pushed back and another presence appearing inside my head. It was me... but... another me.

After the second day I didn't even feel any pain anymore.
They cut of serveral of my limbs, skinned different parts of my body. Took out organs, burned my eyes, made me hear sounds that were so loud that my ears started bleeding. They shattered my bones and made me drink poison and acid but at some point I didn't even care anymore. My mind was numb... my body was numb. It was healing faster by now and I welcommed the feeling of it.
Every cut felt like a soft touch that made me smile... but not because I was happy but because I felt myself getting closer to my goal.