chapter 24

Wooyoung's POV

"Just... who the fuck are you?" I groaned.
Seonghwa just stood there and grinned a little. But it wasn't an evil grin, it was almost like you'd look at your friend who just did something stupid and you're trying to not start to laugh.

"Park Seonghwa." he simply answered.

"No, I mean WHO are you?" I made it obvious what I meant by looking at the dagger that the boy picked up from the ground.
"Are you from the police? The Mafia? FBI? Another secret agency?" I continued asking but he shook his head with a sigh and squated infront of me, the weapon lazily in his right hand.
"It's a bit difficult to explain. My family is not what you'd consider normal people... more like assassins? I don't really how to address them. However, I've been trained since childhood for the job they are doing. Although I decided to not take that path and live a normal life that doesn't mean that I forgot how to fight. And when it's about my friends I won't hold back."

He had a confident expression on his face and slowly I realized that I wouldn't be able to handle him like I would normally do. Seonghwa was an obstacle.
"What do you want from me then? It's not like San doesn't mean anything to me but I think if he doesn't want anyone to help him, then this is unnecessary." I explained and got up from the floor where I had been sitting until now.
"You don't have a choice, Wooyoung." Seonghwa said.
"Either you help me or I'll make sure you rot in a cell for the rest of your live."
I took a deep breath and tried to calm down...  fuck.

"No need to panic. I don't want you to go around and search for him. It's something that only you can do."
"If it involves killing I'm in." I laughed but the other wasn't in the mood to laugh.

"Speaking of that. I won't tolerate any murders except for the people that killed your parents. For me, they deserve to die so I won't stop you from that."
I didn't know how to feel about that. Surprised? Maybe... up til now everyone had told me that killing was wrong even if it was to take revenge and I thought that Seonghwa as a nice and calm person would support that opinion. Apparently not.
I waited for him to continue without giving an answer.

"Alright, I searched through your things and computer before you got here."
"WHA-"
"Shhh" he told me about this as if it was completely normal to hack someones computer.
"It is J&M Company you are after, right?"
"...Yeah, why?"
Seonghwa sat down on the edge of San's bed and patted the sheets next to him. I hesistated but sat down next to the black haired boy wondering what he wanted.
"It seems like there might be a connection between San's real parents and the company. In the area where San had been found as a baby there are many baby corpses found every year. It is always near to the company building of J&M but the police didn't start an investigation yet because the manager of J&M orders people like my parents to take care of these dead children."
I tried to concentrate and think this through but without more information we couldn't be sure about anything. I didn't have much information of J&M yet so I didn't know what they are doing inside their building.
"Wooyoung" Seonghwa interrupted my thoughts with his soft voice and placed a hand on my shoulder. His sudden move caught me of guard and I stared at his hand with widened eyes.

"You are researching about that company anyways and I want you to find out if there is any record of San or his real parents in their data. Maybe this will also explain why he has this powers. I'll visit my parents and ask them for more information because something about all of this is strange... I can feel it."

I took his hand of my shoulder and thought intensively for a few seconds. I wanted to avenge my parents, no matter what happend and I told myself that I would go to San after that but if they were really connected then there was no reason why I couldn't help San and kill these bastards at the same time... also... my nosiness was killing me.