24

A month later

Today I was finally going home. I was so excited I couldn't compose myself. I don't know what I missed more the outside air or my big ol bed.

I was finally rid of that damn stuttering shit and I could walk on my own. I still needed time to fully heal but I was happy with the progress I made. I had fractured my pelvis and broke my femur in my leg. I had gunshot wounds to my left calf and a bullet graze to the left side of my head that left me with severe head trauma. But the worst of it all was behind me. I was still alive and breathing and I had my life back.

Johnathan came to pick me up and take me home. The whole way there I just looked out the window admiring the city. It was so beautiful out here. I couldn't close my eyes forever and never experienced this again.

"What u thinkin about" he said breaking my thoughts.

"How I almost never saw this again. My city is beautiful"

"Man ion know what I would've done if u didn't make it. Now that u home we gone have to talk about what happened. Who did this?"

"I don't wanna talk about it" I said looking back out the window

"Shay it's been months now. I'm not letting nobody get away with hurting u. They hurt u they might as well kill me. You and my kids, y'all all I got bae. I can't lose u" he said gripping my thigh.

I was quiet the rest of the way. When we went in my house was freshly cleaned and smelling good. There was new linen on the bed and candles and rose petals everywhere.

"Oh my god what's all this?" I asked looking at Johnathan.

"I wanted to do something special for u. To make u smile"

I hugged him tight around his neck and cried. I was so tired of crying but dammit I couldn't help it.

"Here bae. Take off yo clothes and put this robe on. Let me massage your body"

I took off my clothes and put on the satin robe he had for me. I laid down on the bed facedown and he worked his voodoo on me. He gave me a massage that had my toes curling. I was moaning and drooling and all. I swear I didn't know it but I definitely needed that.

It felt so good I had drifted off to sleep and didn't even know it. When I woke up I smelled something so good it made my stomach do the milly rock.

I got up and tightened the robe around me. I followed the smell to the kitchen where Johnathan was and he was cooking. I had no idea he knew how to cook.

"U right on time. Sit down let me fix u a plate" he said.

I sat down and just watched him moving about. I could get used to this. He sat the plate before me. I had salmon, sautéed spinach and kale greens, and loaded mashed potatoes. Everything looked delicious.

We ate together and laughed and talked about everything. He fed me some cheesecake for dessert. I put some on his face and licked it off. That lead to us getting real hot and heavy real quick.