16

The next few weeks were hell. I missed Johnathan so much it made me sick to my stomach. Everyday I scrolled thru his IG and read our old messages. So many times I wanted to give in and just call him. But I couldn't. My pride was too strong. He had totally disrespected me and disregarded how I would feel. So I couldn't just drop it and let him think what he did was cool.

And besides he hadn't called me not once. No texts, no dms or nothin. So he obviously was cool wherever he was. He didn't need me and clearly he wasn't sorry.

I was graduating in two weeks. Finally I would be an RN and I already had three job offers . Two right here in Chicago and one in Atlanta. I was heavily weighing my options because the one in ATL was offering me mid six figures and a sign on bonus. And money was thinking of coming with me. She was going to open up her own beauty/spa salon if she did. I guess life goes on.

Her and Kane was still together. She didn't really talk to me about him because I guess she thought it would make me think about Johnathan. But I was honestly happy for her. I have never seen her this happy with one person before. She had met her match. She was still ghetto as hell but Kane knew how to handle her. He let her be herself but when she went too far he checked her. I liked that in him and I really think they made a good match.

I was in the house cleaning up and putting on my dinner when I heard my phone ring. I looked at the number but I didn't recognize it. So I picked up the FaceTime without showing my face.

"Hello" I heard a woman's voice say.

"Who is this" I asked picking up the phone and mugging.

It was monae. The mug was still on my face.

"Hey shay. I know I'm the last person u wanna hear from but I got something I need to get off my chest" she said.

"Monae I don't have shit to say to u at all." I said.

"Ok. I understand. But please just listen"

I rolled my eyes.

"You got one minute" I said.

"First of all let me say I'm so sorry for how shit went down with us. I never meant for things to be like this I was just jealous of u. U always come out on top and get everything. You're successful, pretty and DaBaby choosing u was just another blow to me. I was jealous and mad. So for what I'm about to tell u I apologize."

"What is it Monae" I asked sighing. I was over this conversation already.

"I set DaBaby up. I paid a girl, my friend, Sharita to drug him and sleep with him. He didn't know what was going on until he woke up in the bed with her. I'm sorry" she pleaded.

"You did what?" I asked. I couldn't believe my ears. I needed her to say that one more time.

"Yes. The girl u overhead backstage. That was all me. I paid her to seduce him and then I knew u were at the show with him so I paid for her to get backstage and say all that so u could hear. I just wanted u to hurt. I wanted to bring u down off your high horse"

"What fuckin high horse Monae? I thought we were friends. I never once thought I was above u or any of y'all"

"I'm sorry. It was all me I was just jealous. Please forgive me."

"Bitch. I will never forgive u" I said as I ended the FaceTime.

This bitch had some nerve. Steam was coming from my ears as I FaceTimed money and waited for her to pick up

"Bitch u ain't gone believe this shit" I yelled into the phone as soon as she picked up.

"What's going on sis" she asked changing her tone from laughin to curiosity.

I told her everything that happened and she was on her way to the hood to beat Monae's ass. I was so mad I put on some leggings and my tennis shoes and I was on my way too. I was tired of bitches playing with me.