MadMax

[Third Person]       

     She laid in bed staring up at the ceiling, she couldn't sleep. It was always hard, she was always too scared, too scared something would happen if she did. She didn't want that to happen. Never in a million years.  The redhead sighed and sat up looking at the clock sitting next to her bed, there was about ten minutes left before they had to get up. She sat forward on her elbows and rubbed her eyes. She groaned and looked down at her side to a little girl who laid curled up next to her sound asleep, she hated to wake her but it was either that or trouble.

"Bailey...Bailey." The bigger girl said quietly, nudging the smaller one.

"Huh?" She groaned, her little head popping up.

"Time to get up."

"No..." The smaller girl whined laying back down.

"Come on. We have to sometime today." The older girl leaned over her sister, propping herself up on her elbow, rubbing the little ones back.

"I don't wanna go to school."

"I know but..." She sat up hauling the smaller girl into her lap. "What if it's fun? Just think of it, you can, make new friends, meet new teachers, and learn more stuff..." She trailed off, she herself didn't want to go, it was a new school and all, so it was hard to carry any sort of excitement. But she knew Bailey looked up to her so it was best to try and keep her spirits up.

"No." The little girl said, burying her face in her sisters chest.

"How come you don't want to go, huh? Tell me that."

"I don't want to be away from you." She said looking up at her sister with her big blue eyes.

"I don't want to be away from you either kiddo, I know. But the sooner we get up, the sooner we'll get the day over with, and the sooner we'll be together again, okay?" The little girl looked down and thought for a moment before nodding in agreement. "Alright, come on."

-

     A blue Chevy Camaro sped carelessly into the school parking lot, making anyone near jump away. It soon came to a stop in a parking spot. First out was a boy, around 17 or 18 with a horrific looking mullet. Out next came the redheaded girl, she pulled out a skateboard and placed it on the ground before reaching into the backseat of the car and hauling the smaller girl out after. She put her down and grabbed her board off the ground, taking Baileys hand when she was done, the two starting to make their way down to the nearby elementary school.

"Max?" Bailey said, stopping the pair.

"Yeah?" The older girl stopped turning to her sister.

"I'm scared." She pursed her lips and knelt down in front of the little redhead, keeping her hand in hers.

"Why are you scared?" She asked.

"Because you won't be with me."

"But you'll have your bear." She pointed to the bear she had given Bailey awhile ago, back at their old home in California, it had gone by the name MadMax.

"Yeah, but-"

"No buts..." The older girl tucked a strand of hair behind the little ones ear, cupping her chin after. "I promise everything will be alright, okay?"

"Okay..." Bailey responded, nodding with a pout. The older girl stood back up and continued to take Bailey to the elementary.

-

    "Meet the human brain." Mr. Clarke said placing a plastic brain on his desk. "I know. I know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billion cells inside this miracle of evolution. All working as one. No, no, I did not misspeak. I did not stutter. A hundred billion." As everyone sat in bored silence. Some people focused on other things, some people already asleep. Suddenly the door opened startling everyone awake. In came a redheaded girl with the school principal following behind her.