The Massacre At Hawkins Lab

She laid on the ground, her screams being overruled by her choking. This was where she was going to die. All alone in this horrid place, no one able to save her, because they don't know, or maybe they don't care. Either way, Max could only let it happen now, there was no use in trying to get out, these things were far too strong, and it was one against three. Not a fight she was likely to win.

As her vision began to darken, she began to think, did she really want this? In a way, yes, she wanted it. But why was that? It was because of all the pain, all the suffering she has to endure every single day of her life. If she was gone, that was it, there was no more pain, just rest. But why was she the one taking all of it in in the first place? Why has she been dealing with it all these years instead of just ending everything herself?

"Bailey." She pushed out. The thought of the little girl made Max realize she couldn't just leave, she couldn't die, no matter how much she wanted the pain stop, because there was nothing more painful than her little girl having to endure it in the place of her. Max couldn't leave, she had to be here, for Bailey, so she can stay with her, so she's safe.

Sadly her want to live wasn't enough to stop what was happening now. It was inevitable, she couldn't escape. A tear left her eye as she lost the ability to fight the bat around her neck. It was time for Max to go, it was the end for her. At least she thought.

One of the bats were swatted off the girl flying off to the sky. From above her Steve and Eddie fought away at the bats digging into Maxs sides, Nancy and Robin slamming there oars down in attempt to detach the one around Maxs neck.

"Nancy! Behind you! Watch out!" Robin called. A bat came at Nancy grabbing onto the back of her making her pull away from me. "Oh my god, Nance!"

"Robin get it off of me!"

Max watched seeing people were there to help her, to save her from what she thought was an inescapable death. She was going to live, but now she had a new worry. She needed to get back to Bailey and quick, before Vecna came back for her.

The redhead let out a wail of anger and practically ripped the tail of the bat off her. She got up on her feet and took the thing, slamming its body down on the ground then going to stomp its head in, black blood spattering on the ground.

When she was sure it was dead, she finally dropped the tail that she happened to rip off the monster and let out a tired sigh, all the adrenaline disappearing from her body. She stumbled unable to keep her balance and fell backwards. Robin hurried over and caught the teen before she hit the ground.

"Woah, easy, easy." Robin said. Max groaned, all the pain from before returning to her body. She wanted to shove Robin away from her but she was far too weak to even move by herself. "It's okay, I got you."

"Jesus Christ...Jesus H. Christ!" Eddie exclaimed, throwing down his broken oar. Max whimpered and grumbled forcing herself to stand back up.

"Hey, hold on, Max." Max ignored Robin and stood up straight, letting out a few huffs.

"You alright?" Steve asked her.

"I mean, other than them taking a pound of flesh from my body, never better. Never fucking better." She snarked. 

"Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?" Robin questioned. "It's just that rabies are like, my number one greatest fear. And I think we should get you to a doctor soon, because once symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead." Everyone stared at Robin, this information was the last thing max needed to hear.

There was a loud clap of thunder followed by more screeching. The group looked up and watched a small group of bats come towards them, gathering up by their way out.