Chapter thirteen

"Shall I show your to your room?", Jace asks. Relieved to go somewhere private, I nod my head. "Yes, please", I say. Valentin is still cursing while Ana is trying to calm him down. Igor left already to go do something. Jace looks at my ankle, "you want to walk or hop on my back?". "It's a bit of a long walk", Yegor warns. I shrug my shoulders, "I will hop on then".

We walk through the many hallways this house has and it's beautiful. Everything looks white and spacious, just like the foyer. "I don't get how you can live in this big of a house, don't you get tired of just walking to your room?", I ask Jace. He laughs, "it's a good way to stay fit, sis". "I don't want to be fit", I say back. "Well, you kind of need to if your going to stay with us. Not to scare you, but there probably are some situations in which even you would need to run", he sounds serious. "What situations?", I wonder. "We are one of the most powerful bratva families, that means we have a target on our back. There are always stupid people who think they can overpower us. That's why you need to stay on the compound the first while. On our own grounds, no one is stupid enough to try it", he clarifies. "Is it fun?" He looks up to me with a questioned look, "is what fun?". "Being in the mafia, having something thrilling going on all the time", I elaborate my question. "I wouldn't describe it as fun, but it can be sometimes I guess." I nod my head in understanding. In the meantime, we have stopped at a door and he puts me down on my feet. "Well, my beautiful sister. Behold, your room", he says in an exiting voice. He opens the door and leads me inside. My mouth keeps hanging open from bewilderment. It's beautiful. The main colour is, like the rest of the house, white. The details are coloured a light green with light blue. It looks absolutely amzing, like a fairytale. My face fills itself with happiness as I jump on him for a hug, "thank you! It's really beautiful". Jace ruffles my hair, "you're welcome, sis. It's all yours. If there is something you want to change, you may. Just ask us for it and we will handle it". I shake my head, "no, no. Really, it's perfect". I smile and look around. The room is like bigger than my old living room and has all these pretty little details. But not too girly. "I'm glad you like it, now go sit on the couch please", Jace says and points to a couch in the room. I go sit down on it and let him talk, "I know you hate it, but tonight we are introducing you to the bratva. I will leave you to yourself a few hours to get some sleep and change in a fresh pair of clothes that are in your closet. You don't have to be on the stage for too long or talk, just stand beside me and papa for a little while". A sigh escapes my lips, "only for a little while?". Jace nods his head, "yes, no longer than five minutes". I slowly nod my head and he leaves me to myself. I jump on the bed and close my eyes. The bed is the softest bed I have ever felt. With that thought, my mind goes to dreamland.

I jolt up, covered in sweat. Panting I think back of what I saw. My family at home, just laughing. And all of the sudden, Giovani came in and shot them all. The last thing I saw was my family laying on the ground, covered in blood. A shudder goes through my body. That was the most terrible nightmare I had in a while. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when there is a knock on the door. "Come in", I say with a hoarse voice. The door opens and Yegor comes in with Jace. Immediately there is a frown on their face, "why are you crying?". My hand reaches up and wipes the tears away. I didn't realise I was crying. "N-nothing. Just a bad dream", I answer shakily. Yegor sits on the side of the bed, "what was it about?". I look uncertain to him and to Jace, who is standing against the wall. "Just my family. B-being killed", I stutter. "By what or who?", Jace asks. I take a deep breath, "Giovani". Yegor and Jace start to curse. "Don't worry about him anymore, darling daughter. He's taken care off", Yegor says. I nod my head. Easier said than done, but I will try. "Did you pick a dress already?", Jace says with sympathy lacing his voice. I let out a groan, "I have to wear a dress?". "You don't have to, but then you will be the only one in jeans", Jace says with a bit of a laugh. "Never mind, I will pick out a dress. Do I have time to take a shower?" I feel really dirty from the past few days and all of the travelling. "Of course, we will leave you to it. I will pick you up in an hour", Jace says. They stand up and leave the room.