-24-

We stood watching the two of them play with the three other kids that were there. He put his arm around my waist and I could tell he was worried about how I'd react but I welcomed it and put my head on his shoulder
" they always asked where you were and I always said you were away for work "
" I'm sorry "
Ash ran over
" can we stay with Sam "
He motioned over to the boy sitting on the ground next to Devin
" yes "
He got super excited
" behave though ok "
" yeah "
He ran back over to them. I looked at Eric and I could tell he wanted to talk so I started to walk to my room.

Eric's pov
We walked down the hall and she turned left and opened the wood door much different from the heavy metal ones in the Dauntless compound. When I stepped inside I was surprised at how much it looked like my apartment there but of course, had its own things. She sat down at the table and I followed
" I'm sorry "
" God are you going to keep saying that "
She smiled a little
" no, I just feel like I should have done something that day "
" What did they end up naming there baby Seth and Lilith "
" oh they had a little girl and they named her Anna Carter Black "
A big smile spread across her face
" really ... wait "
" yeah I told them your old name and they liked it so ... that kid was told all about you "
" what was she told "
She leans forward
" well they would always tell her she was named after the strongest woman they ever knew "
I laughed a little and I continued
" umm that little girl was lucky because we wouldn't let anyone else have your name, Carter "
She put her hand on mine and said
" Eric I know it hasn't been easy on either of us but it's ok we're here now together "
It sent shivers through my entire body and I could no longer hold back
" I've been so lost without you I drank nonstop for the first month I-I smashed things in the apartment and I smashed things in the tattoo parlor ... I became ... became cold and numb I didn't care if I ... I fought with everyone I didn't care about the transfers I was mean to them and everyone for that matter and I know you didn't like when I would be mean and all that but I couldn't help it "
" Eric it's ok "
" I umm tried to umm move on a couple of times when I was drunk ... it never went well I'd kiss them we would start to get undressed then I freaked out and yelled at them to get out ... did you find someone new "
" no Eric I didn't I never even kissed anyone else because I knew even if I never got you back I'd have them "
" and I'm sorry you had to go through that all by yourself that you lost so much sleep because of them crying "
A smile appeared on her face and she looked down at the table and said
" you know I must have a lot of good karma going for me or whatever because that day the shot killed me and the electric fence brought me back and when I was having them Devin was easy then halfway through Ash my heart stopped and they somehow restarted it "
She looked at me then said
" fuck it "
And she started to kiss me and before I knew it we were in bed.