14. Lawless

A/N: I'm gonna write in 3rd person from this chapter a to involve all the behind the scenes of this book instead of focusing on our beloved narcissist

(Edited)

                   __________________

"What's up with you, Llyis?" Zero, for the first time laughed gaining the attention of the nobles in the ball. He found it funny and amusing with his sister's way of professing her love for him.

They looked like a painting that had come to life which was enough to make the people go numb all over their body. Nevertheless Zero didn't seem to care for all his attention had been on Amerllyis all along.

At this, the young female aristocrats burned with jealousy as they pierced glares at Amerllyis.

Even though Zero was the Dukes family heir, he was adopted and the fact that he only ever cared for his sister had spread all over the kingdom. Of course it was absurd to have any taboo relationship between siblings but no one could help it. After all it looked as if the heir's life was only for his sister.

Admits all these, Amerllyis could only feel uncomfortable. She, for a fact had always stood on guard against her enemies or rivals but she couldn't do anything now as all the eyes were following them.

"Let's go" Noticing the slight change on her face, Zero held her hand and walked away ignoring all the people present. Some young girls been tried to follow the only to be prevented by their parents who called the siblings 'ill mannered' for leaving the ball with their hands entwined in public.

Amerllyis was led to a well maintained garden located in the Marquis' Castle. The garden was in a beautiful shade of red, filled with roses which shone in the presence of magic. It was made for the late Marquise who truly love roses before her death and as a result, the family created this garden in her name.

"Are we even allowed to come here?" Amerllyis questioned her brother in curiosity as it was widely known how important and sacred was this garden to the Lance's family.

"It's truly a beautiful sight but it is not right to disrespect it" She, naturally thought the garden suited her perfectly for she was like a rose with thorns or so she thought. But never could she not have respect for the love of a family.

"...Don't worry" Zero went back to his usual poker face and answered casually like it was normal for them to be in the garden. Well, it was okay for him.

"Okay..? Anyways Zero nii, why'd you have to hold my hand when leaving the ball?" Amerllyis knew about the rumors that had been spreading which she couldn't care more or less. Her beauty was to be blamed if it really was the case.

But she was too busy with her own life to even think about it until today when she noticed the eyes of the young nobles. She felt like poking out those eyes of theirs but knew that'd only deem her ruthless or maybe even more than that.

Amerllyis' knowledge about the otome game had improved for the better and knew there were still 6 months before the play started. She, for a fact did not want to get involved in the game and just wanted to live in peace.

Whatever the heroine chose, it wasn't her business but now it seemed that she was naturally getting sucked into the play as all the characters were introduced to her.

"So I'm not allowed to hold your hand now?" Zero asked monotonously but a hint of irritation was heard in his voice. He was in fact irritated, not with his sister but with the aristocrats who had nothing better to do and gossiped about his relationship with his sister.

He wanted to cut off their tongues of those nobles who had nothing better to do and dared to gossip.

"Nah, just that... it might hurt your reputation as the heir of the family." Amerllyis paused "And I've already grown up. You don't have to treat me like a little girl who needs to be protected everywhere" She casually continued with an proud smug smile on her face. Well, in fact she wanted to lighten up the air and mood of her brother who had been emitting freshy icy aura. Damn, she had rarely seen her brother emit such cold aura.

"You scared of those lowly creatures?" Ignoring her effort to calm him down, he asked. His jeweled ruby eyes looking into hers as if searching for her most inner thoughts. This made her feel like she was stripped naked and could only turn away hesitantly.

"They may be 'lowly creatures' but some are still nobles with power" Amerllyis reasoned. The other noble families besides the main characters were just extras in the game but she saw them as human beings who were well and alive. Still, it didn't change the fact that she found them annoying and stupid.

Zero did not reason anymore, he didn't want to as it was useless to talk it out with his stubborn sister. He could only sneer at that those aristocrats who made his sister frustrated, after all she wasn't being her usual self.

"Anyway Zero nii, don't you remember anything? I mean you ignored me these few days but now you're acting normally, you being you" The reason why they had even entered this garden in first place was just for this question. And now she finally changed her topic and asked in a demanding manner with her arms folded.

"That? Don't ask, I was just playing" Was all he replied as he shrugged it off not caring one not about it. All that was left in his head was to protect Amerllyis from a new threat they never expected to meet. It was all going awry because of that being.

                   ___________________

"She is a Beautiful choice" The silver haired smiled in fascinated and amused whilst scanning the emotion of the other guy with him.

"It's clear. You. Love. Her. And for that reason, I will make her my little canary" He chuckled as he found it amusing with the new found emotion within him. All the while, he wanted Amerllyis
to make people he hated suffer but now as he saw the visible emotion on the face of the guy, he felt... excited.

"Who really are you, 'Crown Prince Zen'?" K asked in a sarcastic tone after regaining his composure. He, for the first time felt surprised by another being besides Amerllyis and that was enough to arouse his interest but he didn't like it. He did not like the guy ho stood in front of him whilst impersonating a character.

"As you said, I'm the Crown Prince" 'Zen' smiled with a shrug "Anyways later. Bed time, haha." He yawned as he teleported back to his royal bedroom to rest himself.

Now that he was exposed, he didn't have to be polite,did he? He felt excited just thinking about it.

                 ____________________

"Love, this is a world of game. There is no need law, let it be lawless"

                   ____________________

A/N: I'm really sorry for these late updates! Although I wished to complete it this month, I don't think I can so forgive me. I will try to update faster if I can ><

So anyways, thank you shooo much for reading. Hope you enjoyed this book till now.

Stay cool, stay safe💜

Love ya, byes!