13. The Queen, The Joker and The King Part2

A/N: Hey, how have y'all been? I've been feeling lazy and all but all's all so I hope y'all are feeling great too! Stay safe and healthy guys, love yoooo!

(Edited)

                   ____________________

Amerllyis

Today had been very busy, everyone in the academy had been busy getting dressed up for Marquis Lance's Birthday. They could just go with their families but as of now, as long as we were in the academy, no one was allowed to leave, everything was prepared by this 'oh so rich' academy (it's sponsored by the royal family after all.)

In my opinion, this party was a waste of time. I mean, why would such a man, older than my dad celebrate his birthday? I mean, they sure can celebrate. However extravagant they want, I don't care, it's not my money.

However that'd also mean I'd have to go too as the only daughter of the Lapis family. And that's what exactly what I'm doing, getting ready for the birthday banquet. I was actually really lazy to go at first but considering my brother was to attend along with me, I was pretty much delighted. At least, I'd get to talk to him, what a pleasing feeling.

I dressed up beautifully as usual, it was nothing new. I'd look good in anything, be it a royal gown or a farmer's clothing. Every single person was awed by my beauty, even you'd be if you saw me in person but how sad, y'all don't have the power to witness the goddess with your naked eyes.

Oh well, not that I care.

"Llyis.." Brother called out my name in a rather soft and pleasing tone than I'd expected which quite delighted me. He was dressed handsomely as always, as expected of my brother. All in black, how hot and manly? 

"Zero nii, lets go!" I tugged my arms around him as we head to the carriage. I had decided, I wasn't gonna force him to do anything, we'd just spend our time instead of wasting it.

Or that's what I thought..

"Zero nii, why are you avoiding me again? I promise I won't do anything so just sit next to me" Not that I'd do anything inappropriate to him, a lady doesn't behave that way, mind you.

He completely ignored me.

"Oh well" I sighed. 

I couldn't do anything anymore, I wanted to help him as a sister but if he's gonna keep ignoring me, be it. 

Not that I care, did I ever care?

"Say Zero nii, are you possessed by K? I don't think so. But seriously, if you gonna keep on ignoring me, do as you please. I'm tired and I'm not gonna continue running after you like some love struck dumbass. You know, you matter to me but I don't have the heart to follow or care for someone who'd continuously ignore. Don't call me cold hearted if you're on  brink of death"

I pleasantly took on the role of ignoring the person inside this carriage with me. Like hell, he ain't a princess, I don't need to run after him all day long. It's annoying..

Not a word was said for the next hour until we reached the Lance's castle which was exaggerated with decorations, duh. 

Mom and dad was seen inside the party, dressed elegantly as usual.

"Mother, father. I've missed you" Nobles had to be respectful to their parents while in a ball or a greatly exaggerated birthday party.

"Llyse sweetheart, mommy missed you too" Mom hugged me, not paying attention to the eyes that followed our every action. Sigh

"It seems the rumor is quite true, that the daughter of the Lapis is quite loved and cared for" In short, spoiled. The birthday man, mister Lance entered the light as he said with the warmest smile he could gather.