After getting the money from him and destroying the mask she used to wear when she was still his genie, Eris hid behind an unidentifiable voice and made a recording explaining the scheme and sent it to the highest court, along with documents that would support it. All of which are untraceable. An investigation rolled out and Newton was charged and arrested.

Just a little payback for her selfish, controlling former master and Eris got what he needed from him anyway, some needed cash. He deserves some jail time.

"Humans are really good at masquerading, aren't they?" Eris commented

Dianna showed curious eyes, "what made you say that?"

"Well, like Newton here. Like you said, you thought he was good. But turns out his goodness was just a mask he wore to hide his hunger for power and greed for money"

"Hmmm well, it's a human thing I think" Dianna countered, "It's in us, to be greedy and hungry for power, for anything, material or not. It's an imperfection, it's being human"

Eris looked at Dianna with an eyebrow up in intrigue.

"I mean, the way I see it, humanity is trying to fix or at least work around on how to find a way for that inner greed to benefit many in the most positive way. Say, people are greedy for money, that's true, but some people make sure that the money they get will also help others. That's why there are anonymous donors, organized charities and fund-raising campaigns that genuinely help people and actually make change"

Amused, Eris remained quiet and let Dianna talk some more. She's actually quite interested to hear what Dianna has to say.

"And yes, people do want power but not everyone wants to take over the world for their own selfish gain. There are some who want power so they could help those who were powerless because they know what it's like to not be able to do anything in the face of a challenge whether its abuse, calamities, cruelty, anything. Greed and power isn't inherently bad, how that will roll out will still depend on the person's conscience and values"

Eris was amazed at how thoughtful Dianna suddenly became. It was an entertaining scene and she somehow understood Dianna's understanding of humanity. It isn't that bad, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but still, that was one long speech.

"You went off there, didn't you?" Eris showed a teasing smile

"I probably did" Dianna proudly admitted, "I'm not an expert in humanities but did you get my point?"

Eris showed a smile and nodded, "I did, I think"

"Good. Sorry for saying an essay back there. I couldn't help it" Dianna laughed then grabbed the remote and turned off the TV, "Do you already have something to wear for tonight? And can I see it? Want to coordinate our outfits?"

"Um, no, no and no" Eris answered, "I'm not going"

"You're not? But you're invited!"

"Yes but not required. I've already done my part, you go do yours" Eris stood and headed towards her room, "I'll see ya when I see ya!"

Dianna heard Eris's door closed. She sighed and sulked in her seat, "what a kill joy"

o-o-o-o-o

Time was quick on its feet and in a blink of an eye, it was the night of Lucia's quinceñeara and everything was going smoothly.

Eris's plan worked out like it should. Lucia returned the pouch with the USB stick and money untouched, and in return, Eris insisted in giving her a reward. At first, Lydia and Lucia declined, but after a few small talks, Eris managed to get them to accept her offer of paying for Lucia's quinceañera.