Chapter 2: The New Guy

Start from the beginning

Mr. Lufton shook his head. "It's okay, dear. Just pay me when you have the money."

"If you are so sure..." I said uncertainly. I picked up the concrete nails put inside the brown paper bag and tell Albert. "Come on, buddy. We have other things to do. Thank you, Mr. Lufton. Mrs. Harris."

I went outside Mr. Lufton's hardware store and went to buy some stuff at the grocery store and once again a good amount of people stop by in my direction inquiring about the guy who had an accident and now staying at our ranch. I tried my very best not to give too much information such as him losing his memories and how unsettling he made me feels whenever I am around him.

The next stop was the thrift shop. Since Mr. Lufton didn't let me pay for the lumber and concrete nails I bought in his store I have extra money to shop for Neon's clothes. I took my time to check on the plaid shirts and what color would look good on him. I saw Albert patiently waiting for me outside sleeping soundly outside the store since animals are not allowed inside.

In the end, I choose four shirts and two denim pants this might do for now. I paid for my purchases and went out to the store.

"Come on, Albert," I said to my dog once I was outside. "It's time to go home. We've been away for so long my work is waiting for me."

Albert was trailing me silently as we walk back to my waiting truck. He jumped happily on the passenger's seat before I hop to the driver's side. I started the engine and drive away I smiled and waved back to the people walking on the streets who greeted me.

The drive back to the ranch was uneventful. When I arrived back at the ranch I saw Jace was waiting for me in front of the house.

"How did you know that we need more timber?" He asked as soon as I park my truck in the driveway and turn off the engine, his blue eyes gleamed with delight.

"Call it intuition," I announced haughtily jumping out of my truck. "I hope these materials will suffice until we finish fixing the fence."

Jace looked at the items at the back of the pick-up. He nodded in agreement. "I think this will do.

I certainly hope so. Since my budget was quite tight lately I don't have extra money for renovations right now but the fence was an exception since I don't want my cattle and colts moving freely to our neighboring ranch. "I also bought concrete nails just to be sure."

"I help you later I will just put this inside," I told him as I took the large brown paper bags at the backseat.

"Need a hand?"

I shook my head and smile at Jace. "No, I'm good."

"See you around."

"Yeah," I said, bringing my purchases inside. "Come on, boy."

My dog barked and run inside the house. I placed my groceries on the kitchen table before deciding to give Neon the clothes and some toiletries I bought for him since I probably knew that dad's clothes needs some washing after being stored in the attic for more than a year now.

I knocked first before entering his room. "Neon, I bought you some stuff in town—"

The words dried down in my mouth as I notice him wiping his damp hair from the towel his bare chest was once again on full display thankfully he already wore his pants on. Clearly, he just had taken a shower. "Oh, sorry..."

Enzo Fiorenza's POV

The little whirlwind dust devil prudishly turn around when she saw me half-naked just after taking a shower after...God only knows when was the last time I took a bath. This temporally no memories of me is starting to get on my nerve. I hate it when I don't even remember myself.