"Girl-talk, eh?" I snickered as I looked to the pedestrian light that indicated we only had ten seconds left to cross the street before it turned red. 

          I seriously need some of that right, I thought to myself.

          I looked down to my petite friend. "Think we can make it?" I whispered as the people around us stopped walking, not bothered to risk their chances of getting hit by an insane driver.

          Gracie wiggled her eyebrows. We had three seconds left. "We were on the cross-country team for a reason in middle school. Come on" She gripped onto my arms tightly as we made a mad dash across the street.

          Almost immediately, cars began honking at us as.

          Gracie and I exchanged looks to one another as we threw our heads back in laughter. When we finally made it to the other side of the street, we looked over our shoulder to see a middle-aged woman sticking out her middle-finger out the window. "Crazy, bitches!" She yelled.

          "Thank you!" Gracie chirped innocently.

          It wasn't till the woman drove away into the distance that I began to realize that I rarely took risks anymore. Me and Gracie crossing the street at the last minute was probably the most adrenaline rush I've ever felt in a long time and it sort of saddened me because it just proved how much I've been missing out in high school. 

          I didn't like that feeling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He did what?" Gracie nearly shouted in the food court.  Her chocolate brown eyes were wide with shock as her full lips hung in a wide 'o'.

          "Lower your voice down," I hissed as I took another bite of my pizza.

          After spending nearly two hours at Forever 21 and HMV with Gracie, we were now eating at the food court with the money we had left.  I began telling my best friend of the night when Matt called me over to calm Vincent down since he was high on something and the certain events that took place in his bedroom. I was suppose to tell Gracie earlier but I guess it just slipped my mind. However, since the media was constantly talking about Vincent's appearance at New York City on Friday (with me, of course), my brain couldn't help but randomly bring up the memory of my childhood best-friend kissing me that night. Every time i thought of it, I just cringed and I just needed to tell Gracie about it before I went mad.

          Gracie heaved out a dramatic sigh. "Well, excuse me if I'm a little surprised of what happened between you two that night," she said. "I mean, the more that you two spend time together the more I'm beginning to think that there's more to this little plan of yours--"

          "What are you talking about?" I interjected. 

          "I mean...." Gracie paused for a moment as she looked up to the ceiling, her nose crunched up as if she was contemplating the right words to say. "I mean, it seems like... you two like each other..."

          I nearly choked on the air that I was breathing. If I had been drinking my Coca Cola at the moment, I probably would have spat it in her face.

          "What?" I nearly shouted. "We do not like each other! We literally insult each other every time we see the other person!"

          Gracie held up her hands up in defence. "Whoa, let me explain--"

          "I mean, Vincent is annoying as hell," I replied coldly. "We gets on my nerves and I--"

          "--want to rip out his organs and feed them to the hounds," Gracie finished off.