Chapter Forty-Six

Chapter Forty Six

Thursday, June 7th.

VINCENT'S POV:

After my encounter with Carson in a long time, I found myself just wondering through out the rest of the week with a blank state of mind, not really knowing what I should have been thinking, feeling, or even doing. I mean, here I was: successful, famous, and rich-- what kind of person didn't want that? To be able to do anything they wanted and lead a life that so many people vied for? I should have felt satisfied with myself and everything that I had managed to accomplish in the past two years, but now that I was back in Toronto promoting the start of Ever After's world tour, I found myself feeling unsatisfied-- there was just something missing in my life that I didn't have and every time I thought about what that something could be,  her face would appear in my thoughts and all of sudden, I felt suddenly guilty all over again.

On one hand, I desperately wanted to start my world tour at the ACC and just live the dream that had been my motivation ever since i was kid-- no longer would Ever After be just an opening and closing act, we would be the show. I wanted that, I wanted it so badly. However, on the other hand, there was Carson-- my childhood best friend whom had always had her doors open for me. She was the only girl on this entire planet who seemed to see me more as just a "rockstar" and for who I really was, and I knew over the course of the last two months, despite how short it may have seemed, I knew a spark between us started.  

Did I really want to take a chance? Let what I had with Carson go?

Did I really want to hurt Carson the way I did to her two years ago?

I knew that Carson's Debut was something to be taken seriously in her culture and i understood that loud and clear. Her Debut was meant to celebrate the eighteen years she had been on Earth and mark her entrance into womanhood-- I didn't need to be Asian to understand that that this was a big deal in the Filipino culture, however, it still did not take away that conflicted feeling I still had about the situation.

This was not to say that Carson was not important to me-- if anything, I would have given her the entire world if I could. She was the only girl who could actually manage to break down my stubborn walls with her determination. She knew so many things about me that People Magazine didn't. She had seen me at my most vulnerable, embarrassing, and maybe slightly awkward moments-- she had basically seen it all.

It was for these reasons, and so many more, that I did indeed care for Carson-- I really did. However, on the night of June 7th, the night of Ever After's first performance for their world tour and Carson's Debut, I made a spur of a moment decision and found myself suiting up....

But not for Carson's Debut but for the concert.

"You ready?" Erik shouted from his room in my condo in downtown Toronto.

"YOLO!" Matt hollered from the other end of the hallway.

"What about you, Vivi?" Erik teased.

I threw my black blazer over my white shirt and frowned as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. As much as I was ecstatic to finally be able to start the world tour, something felt completely off. I looked down onto my watch and realized that it was already 6 o'clock which meant that Carson's cocktail hour for her Debut was already starting. The party, however, didn't start until around 6:30 and by the that time, the band and I would already be at the ACC getting ready ready.