8

Wyatt

I curled in a ball, my body racking with tremors. It's so cold. I hate when it rains. The stone becomes even colder, and some how, even wetter. I tucked my hands under my armpits, trying to warm myself. I can't think about the cold or the rain.. not right now.

Today's the day.

Jayce, Harper and I have been planning for 3 days now, and it's time to put our plan into action. My heart clenches with fear. I could die. If this goes wrong in any way, shape or form, I could die. They could finally kill me.

Unless I kill them first.

I hear his footsteps, and I peel my eyes open to look up at the door. I watch was he slowly opens the steel door, barking to me.

" Subject 23-25-1-20-20 W. It's time."

He pulls out the handcuffs.

I slowly stand up, feet hitting the frigid floor.

It's go time.

I feel the electricity surging through my blood, causing my heart to race. I felt the electricity gathering in the fingers of my right hand. My escort walked towards my, readying the handcuffs like he usually does. If this is... if this is our last interaction.. I must do it.
Slowly, I lift my gaze to meet his. Like all those years ago, in that backseat.

His brown, dark eyes widened in surprise.

Now.

Like an animal, I spring forward, my right hand shooting out to grab his throat. He gasped in surprise, stumbling backwards. We both fell the ground, and tightened my grip on his throat. I could feel the electricity leaving my palm and going into his skin. I stared into his eyes, watching as fear flickered inside them. His body jerked from under me, almost causing me to go flying to the floor. But every time his body jerked, I just gripped harder.
His eyes began to close,  and I could tell he was losing consciousness. I felt tears pricking in my eyes, my stomach churning.
No turning back now.
The moment I let go of his throat, I have to run.

Or I die.

I closed my eyes, and in a flash, I release him. My body surges forward, bolting for the exit.
The lights of the hallway blind me, but I continued to run down the hall, racing past other cells.
I calmed my kinesis, reminding myself,' I can't use to much energy. I have to save it. I have to.'
I raced down the hall towards some double doors. Crashing into them, I raced down the stairs. 'God, I don't know what floor I'm on. Whatever. I just need to make it to the main floor.'
I heard some voices from lower in the stairwell, and I began to charge my kinesis again.  I leapt down the steps, flinging myself at two guards walking up the stairs. I aimed for their pressure points, electricity sparking from my fingers.

I raced down the stairwell, bursting from the doors, only to realize, to my horror, there stood some guards and two or three scientists.
' Oh no..'
Before I let them have a chance to move, to speak, to blink, my right hand flew out, and huge rush of wind blew towards them, knocking them over and causing a few of them to be slammed to the farthest wall.

" Wyatt!"

I freeze at the sound of his voice. It holds a power over me, that causes me to immediately obey. My head whips around, and behind me stands two guards with guns aimed at me... as well as Dr. Gonzales.
Our eyes are locked, and all I can hear is my breathing. It was impossible to tell what he was thinking. It could be anger, maybe fear... but his emotions are guarded. He took a step forward, and I immediately held my hands up, feeling electricity spark in my veins. Dr. Gonzales hesitates, his eyes widening for a moment. Then they narrow, his fists clenching at his sides.
" Wyatt. This is foolish. You're acting like an animal. Control yourself."