Finale

(Hange POV)

"I can't see why you need a new office; you'll just get make it as dirty as this one." Levi scoffed, picking up a crate of paperwork.

"I'm just glad that I get a new laboratory. Secretary Mulligan was pretty generous once he got started chatting with Gein." I happily replied, grabbing the last of my bags.

"Only you 'chat' with Gein, Titan-Freak."

We eventually cleaned out my old office and were taking the last of the stuff. We were walking side by side through the dark corridors.

"Since the mission, I have been thinking." I paused for effect. "Wagon mounted weaponry! It could revolutionise expeditions." I exclaimed.

Levi solemnly added, "Maybe. Maybe we can finally beat them one day. Follow Erwin onto the horizon."

I stopped thinking about my next project for a second and looked out one of the windows we passed. The grey shape on the horizon and the brilliant blue sky above it. "But then what we do?" I queried. "We will be out of the job. We can't all open tea shops, Levi." I look down at the man beside me and his blank face looks back.
"Tch, I can't see what you are complaining about. You are a scientist after all. There is always going to be more over the horizon."

We stop walking, staring at one another. Just me and him in a castle that might as well be empty.

"I have been thinking about that. No-matter the grand ambitions we may have, we are probably not going to make it. We just need to keep our attention on the next step ahead of us."

"Our?" Levi responds stepping closer. He drops the crate on the ground, as I press against the wall. His perfect silver eyes shining like a full moon, a beam of clear light. My heart races and body hums with anticipation. He places his hands around my head and presses his body against mine. "Hange Zoe... you are very important to me. Don't you dare do anything stupid. I won't let you die because I..." he pauses, almost choking on his words.

"I love you too, Levi Ackerman." Our mouths meet and the rest was history.

Author's Note

Author's Note

I would like to thank you for reading my little story. I am sorry I took the lifespan of a star to write this one. That's on me. I love these characters (that aren't mine), I love this art (that isn't mine) and writing this story (that was me). Cheers