Part 9

(Levi POV)

Later that evening I retired to my room. The room was decently clean. It was a small room with a bed and a desk. I stared up at the ceiling lost in thought. As I followed the grains of wood up and down the room, getting caught up in every bough and every spiral. I pondered over my thoughts for a little while, as I often did when I was alone, and eventually decided on acting on something rather than think about it.

I may as well check on Four-Eyes.

Knock Knock

"Oh, hey Levi. What's happening?" she asked leaning on the door frame.

"My room is filthy. I am going to have to use yours." I flatly replied walking past her. I lie down on the bed, staring up at Four-Eyes. Her ponytail was slowly disintegrating, causing hair to spill out of her face. "What's the matter?"

She collapsed at the foot of the bed. "To be honest I was kind of hoping today would go a little better. I get the feeling Mulligan just wants to watch us fail tomorrow. Give an excuse to cut the Survey Corps budget again." She moaned, looking downtrodden.

I sit up and lean on her. "Don't worry idiot it will work."

"But what if it didn't work?"

"It won't."

But what if it exploded?"

"It won't."

"But what if some miraculous chance, the cables get released and impale the general staff." She exclaimed, working herself into a fever pitch, throwing her hands in the air.

I smirk back "Good riddance."

She looks at me and exhales with a smile. "Yeah I guess it would be." She leaned over onto me and closed her eyes. I could feel each ribbon of hair gliding over me and each expansion of her chest. Personally, I couldn't care whether tomorrow's demonstration succeeded or failed. This right now was what I was thinking about. This sensation, this feeling, this passion that I felt next to Four-Eyes. Whatever it is.

"We need tea." I suggested.

She replied with a coy smile "We could do that. Or we could get something a little stronger."

I raise an eyebrow, intrigued by the proposition.

20 minutes later

Spying around the corner and nothing has changed. She had been in the officers' quarters for five minutes. She would find it any second now. 'It's black market alcohol, so they can't arrest us. It's a perfect plan.' Were her words before leaving me here to be a lookout. The corridor is dingy, reeking of pipe smoke. The door bursts open as she sprints from out of the darkness. She clutches the green bottle in one hand and takes my hand in the other. My heart is pumping with excitement as we leg it through the dark corridor. She looks back at me with a childish grin.

One hour later

It was late and the bottle of poison was basically gone. She was lying back on the bed, taking the last couple swigs. I was lying on her stomach prodding my face. It had been years since I have been drunk, and it felt very odd. The numbness in my face, the room spin and the fiery sensation radiating throughout my body.

"You know what Levi." She blurted out.

"What..." I lazily moaned.

"I am going to learn everything I can about the titans." She swung her bottle of gin continuing her drunken manifesto. "I am going to go out there and cut them up until I find the truth..." Her eyes are big and round, and her smile is goofy and wide.

I unashamedly remark "Truth, that sounds nice. I think I am going to follow you out there."

She rubs my head more emphatically continuing "Yeah I'll need you there. I have realised over these last couple weeks how... wonderful you are. You can do like anything and you just do it"

I close my eyes softly replying "You are wonderful too Four-Eyes. You have ideas and inventions and stuff. I can never have do that..." I reply honestly. We lock eyes for a moment.

"I think I love you Levi." She whispers lustily.

As if I were possessed, I move to her face and we lock lips. Her kiss is raw and primal. We wrestle our tongues entranced with one another. We break from our embrace, staring lustily at one another.

Everything felt right. All I knew is where I was now. In the arms of this woman and here I could do no wrong. The bottle of gin rolls off the bed with a 'clunk' and like a starting pistol we can spring back into the race. She rips open my shirt revealing my bare stomach.

"Let's do it."