Part 15

(Levi POV)

After watching the titan hauled onto the carriage, I returned to the top of the formation. "Good work, Levi. This development will hopefully be the next step in our victory." Erwin reported watching over the grassy plane.

I pull on the reigns slightly scoffing "Tch, I followed my orders."

Erwin pulled out his flare gun adding "You can return to your normal duties once the titan has been secured within the walls." Following the emerald trail, we rode back to the distant wall on the horizon.

Despite the success of capturing the titan, I couldn't put away the idea to let it go.

It could be easily done and if I tried and unable to be traced back to me. Its restraints may be too strong to cut or tear, but they could be untied or unbolted. It would run away to continue its unashamed killing spree. Erwin's plans would be dealt a major blow and the science division would never get he funding it requires. Hange's prized specimen would escape her. But I wouldn't have to go back to my 'normal' duties. At least for a while. I could linger a little longer.

We had been riding for an hour. We had just passed a small forest and were an hour away from the nearest gate. I stared blankly ahead, until I hear the cries of panic around me.

Plumes of black smoke, billowing behind us...