Chapter Forty-Six: Too Much

Começar do início

Draco nodded at him and so the Potter's set off to gather the things that Harry needed.

"Harry," Draco whispered, "We should get you out of here, Professor Potter is getting your mom, okay?" 

Harry nodded and left the comforting arms of Draco.

Harry slowly walked out of the Great Hall, his eyes trained to the floor the entire way out.

Draco walked hand in hand with him towards James and Lilly's rooms. 

Draco humming a soft tune to Harry as they walked.

Harry was grateful for Draco, he didn't know what he would do without him. Luckily for him, he would never have to find out.

Once they reached the portrait that Harry had told Draco about he knocked on it and out came Lilly.

"Thank you for bringing him, we have blankets and some tea on the couch." She said moving out of the way so Draco could walk him into the living room.

Draco pulled on Harry's hand gently, still humming as he gently moved Harry to the couch.

Once Harry was sitting on the couch, Draco wrapped a blanket around the two of them and held Harry's hand soft but firmly underneath the blankets.

Lilly kneeled down beside Harry, trying to locate the sassy and confident boy she knew he was.

"Harry," she whispered gently, "I have called Petunia, she will be here soon."

Harry's eyes slowly drifted towards Lilly's and he smiled a small and sad smile at her, an obvious attempt to say thank you.

It broke her heart, all the same, to see him hurting and not to be able to be the one to hold him close and tell him it was all going to be okay.

James put his hand on her shoulder and Evan came around and offered Harry a cup of calming tea, Draco took the cup from him and Harry smiled at his brother.

Draco put the cup up to Harry's lips, "Come on love you will feel better." 

Harry simply nodded and took a small sip of the tea. Draco smiled happily and began to rub circles against Harry's hand.

There was a small knock at the door.

James walked over to the door and opened it, "Petunia, thank you for coming Harry is on the couch." 

"Is he okay?" She asked walking inside.

"Not really," James commented, "But I think it is best you hear from him so you get how he is feeling as well as the situation." 

"Okay," She whispered before bending down to Harry.

The vacant look in his eyes scared her, Harry only ever had that look when he had the worst nightmares about Vernon, or just after it happened.

"Sweetie?" She asked him.

He looked at her as if he had only just noticed she came in, which in truth he just had.

"Mom?" Came his shaky reply.

"I'm here baby, I'm here." She said comfortingly.

That was all it took for everything to bubble over, "Mom." Harry burst out whilst letting go of Draco's hand and holding his arms out, lunging out for his mother's embrace.

She hugged him fiercely, rubbing soothing circles on his back.

"Shh." She whispered to him, "It's okay." 

"Mom," Harry sobbed, "I'm so scared."

"I know, shhh, it's all going to be okay, take your time sweetie." Petunia comforted.