I raised my eyebrow in a way of asking what to which he just shook his head.

"Emma why are we here?" he asked with the same intense look.

"For cheeseburgers" I wrote and showed him.

"We can have them anywhere but why are we here?" he asked again.

"I like them here" I showed him.

"How do you know this place? It's far away from the city" he asked.

"I found it 5 years back when I lost my route" I wrote and showed him.

He just nodded when I saw one of my favourite persons making her way here.

"Emma how are you dear?" I heard the all too familiar voice of Jenny.

"I am good" I write and show her.

"So who is this young fine man? A date?" she asks now noticing Asher.

I just gave her a laugh and was about to write my reply when I heard Asher clearing his throat which made me look at him.

"Hello I am Asher, her husband" he replied introducing himself.

"You got married!" Jenny gave out a squeal being overly happy giving out a full blown smile with the wrinkles forming near her eyes because of her age.

I nodded and suddenly I felt her hugging me while congratulating.

I returned the hug as best I could in that position from this position where I was sitting and she was standing.

"So the regular?" she asked looking at me to which I wrote and showed her "As always".

"So what do you want Asher?" she asked in her happy tone looking at Asher but he looked like he wanted to pass the offer.

He turned to me but I gave him a look to which he mumbled "Same as hers" and Jenny left from there after that.

"Emma are you sure that this is a good idea to have anything from here?" he asked looking at me.

"I ate before and I am fine right?" I wrote and showed him.

"Who said that you are fine? You are crazy" he said with a smirk.

I scowled at him and turned to the window.

I felt Asher's hand on my hand which was on the table and turned back to Asher who is now looking serious.

"I know I am being rude. But I am like this you know from the day I was born. I never had food from a place like this or even came to this side of the city" he said sincerely.

I nodded in reply. I know he might have never even thought of coming to a small diner which is the size of his bedroom. I just thought what I wanted and forgot what he might be feeling suddenly coming to a place like this. I realised I was being selfish.

So I got up so that we can leave.

"What happened why are you standing?" he asked confused.

I gestured him to get up and was making my way to the exit.

I guess he understood what I was doing so he immediately grabbed my wrist making me turn to him.

"Why are we leaving Emma?" he asked again confused to which I wrote "I am sorry. I was being selfish not thinking about you and brought you here forcefully" and showed him.

"Don't be sorry. Just understand that it takes me time to adjust to a place like this after all these years. And what husband will I be if I didn't give you what you really want" he said with a smirk in the end.

"Sure?" I wrote and showed him to which he just made me sit back again in my previous place and he took his place.

At the same time Jenny brought our orders which consisted of fries and cheeseburger.

I immediately grabbed my fries and burger eagerly when I heard a loud laugh. I looked up and saw Asher laughing at what I did which made me feel embarrassed and my face became hot.

"Carry on. Don't stop" he said still trying to hold back his laugh.

I just showed him my tongue not knowing what else to do and this time taking my fries and putting it in my mouth.

When I looked up I still saw him hesitating looking at the food so I just held my fry to him so he would take a bite.

I would have never done that if it wasn't for making him want to try. Just know that Emma Campbell now Emma King doesn't share her food with anyone.

He still hesitantly took a bite and his expression immediately changed to satisfaction.

He immediately devoured the food like he didn't have food from ages.

I took my time eating my food while I can savour it with all my heart.

After completing our food I raised my eyebrows in a questioning way and pointed at the empty plates.

"It is awesome. Even Mary can't make this much tasty cheeseburgers and just so you know it is so much to say. Because hers were the best I had until now" Asher exclaimed.

"See I told you" I wrote and showed him.

He nodded and said "I guess we should come here whenever we can from time to time"

I nodded showing him my bright smile letting him know how happy I was just by that statement.

"Come on lets go" he said getting up. On the way we paid our bill and left from there letting Jenny know we would visit again.

This time Asher took back the car keys to drive and I didn't bother to argue.

After sitting in the car Asher turned to me taking my hands in his and said "Thank you for bringing me here" kissing my cheek.

I just gave him a small smile and we started our way back.

I turned to look outside the window where the beach was visible letting my thoughts out on the recent happenings but coming here helped us to push back those incidents for the time being making us feel normal but not entirely forgetting about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Thankyou readers! For reading this book.

Please do comment and vote

Lots of Love <3<3 :*