The Misunderstand-Ring

Start from the beginning

The one that captured my eyes was the one that shaped like a flower blossoming by the hit of sunlight.

"She'll love this one."

"Definitely. It's one of a kind."

I made the payment and placed the ring in my pocket.

My phone chimed again and this time, she was calling.

"What Adobi?" I answered.

"Didn't you get my messages?"

"I did. I chose to ignore."

"Jevan. I have to tell you something very important."

"What is it?"

"It concerns Blossom."

"Look. Just leave her out of your drama. I swear, if you interfere..."

"It's nothing like that. I swear. Can we just meet up and talk. Please? Just this once."

"Fine. I'm about to go have lunch anyways. Meet me at the restaurant where you told me that you were pregnant."

"Fine."

I waited for Adobi to arrive as I ate my meal.

"Hi," she said as she came and sat down across from me.

"Hi. What about Blossom you have to tell me?"

"Can I at least order first?"

"Be my guest but if you've come here to waste my time or to try to get me to take you back...."

She held up her hand and flashed an engagement ring on her finger. "I'm engaged."

I was caught off-guard by that but I managed to tell her congratulations.

"I know things were crazy between you and I, and I do want to apologize for hitting you. You see, I'm in therapy now and I'm making peace with my past which includes you and even Blossom.

There's something you have to know and you can inform her as well. I'm been keeping a secret."

She had my attention. It was the first time I saw her sounded and looked so sincere.

"What's the secret?"

"Back at college. A group of us girls would get together and play a game by saying some of the most dreadful things we've ever done. Who ever topped, would win the prizes.

On one occasion, your ex-girlfriend Brooke from highschool, she played with us and she confessed that she had set someone's mom up by framing her for stealing her mom's jewelry. I think it was a bracelet or a ring. I can't recall exactly but she made it clear that the woman was deported and so was her daughter."

"So you knew about this since the freshman year of college and refused to share that information with me?"

"Jevan.... I thought that if you knew the truth, you would tell your parents and they would use their powers and get Blossom and her mom back to the US and that you would leave me for her. I wasn't wrong for thinking that way because look at the both of you today."

"She's the love of my life."

"And I understand that now and I wish you two nothing but happiness together. I just thought you should know about her mom because that woman is innocent and she's doing hard times for something Brooke did."

"Thank you so much. Blossom would be thrill to hear about this new information. I'll definitely get my father involve and get Blossom to reconnect with her mom again. Thanks, Adobi."

"You're welcome."

We finished eating and I stupidly decided to show her the ring I picked out for Blossom. Finally, we exchanged hugs and she walked away.

_________________

Blossom's POV

"Miss. Wright, we have a Sophia and Nina here at the gate. Are they allowed?" the security asked through the mansion's intercom.

"They are," I responded.

I went to the entrance to greet my friends.

"I wasn't expecting you two but it's always nice to see you. Come on in," I beamed as I ushered them inside.

They had concern look on their faces.

They sat down and glanced at each other as if they didn't know what to say or who should start speaking first.

"What's up?" I asked, sensing hesitation between them.

"Blossom, is everything alright between you and Jevan?" Nina asked.

"Of course. In fact, last night was amazing," I said as I remembered when Jevan and I made yet another passionate love making moment.

"Well, there's something we need to tell you. Something we saw," Sophia said.

"What?"

"Nina and myself are just coming from a restaurant and Jevan was there. He was there with his ex."

"Okay. Maybe he was there by himself to begin with and she arrived and decided to just eat lunch with him."

"Nah. They were having a rather lengthy conversation."

"Okay. Adobi likes talking," I said.

"She also likes engagement rings," Nina said.

I was puzzled. "What?"

"Jevan took an engagement ring from his pocket and she was gushing and smiling and when she left, she was wearing an engagement ring."

"WHAT!!!!!?"

____________________________

A/N

Sometimes, even our eyes can misunderstand.

👀👀

Don't forget to vote and keep your safe from COVID-19

more updates to come. My country is on LOCK DOWN so what better time to update Freakshake more regularly now. I also want to finish the whole book this month.