17.) Yui Knows

It was the next night after Ame and Azusa's unlikely event. This particular night, the shorter was unusually quiet. There was no struggling, no knife thrashing, and no insulting words- just a quiet male. The vampire found relief in his absence of disobedience and decided to actually let Ame go to school. It wouldn't hurt for the smaller to get a little extra education.

Everyone got ready and like normal, then loaded into their vehicle. Ruki was giving the human suspicious looks- not exactly fond of the deathly silent male. He looked over at Azusa, who sat beside Ame. The brother hummed lightly to himself while keeping one of Ame's hands in his own, rubbing his thumb over each knuckle soothingly.

"Is this normal for Ame," Ruki questioned, closing his book. To say he was suspicious was a very accurate statement. Sure Ruki knew the least about the human in particular, but he knew that it was not normal for Ame to stare- unblinkingly- to the ground.

Azusa hummed lightly, squeezing Ame's hand. Even he didn't exactly know if it was the right choice to bring him to school, but he was acting better than the last couple of days. "I think he's better than the last two days, but he's a bit more quiet than normal."

Kou whined lightly, tilting his head towards the male. "Poor kitten. He must feel bad." After his little statement, the van quieted down again and nothing more was said. They soon arrived at the night school and instead of departing on their separate ways, all four of the brothers stuck beside Ame.

They pulled the emotionless male across the school, now looking for a particular person. Ame stayed quiet- too busy fighting off his terrible urges. He couldn't do anything while having a mental battle, so he let his surroundings blur around him while his feet subconsciously dragged across the floors.

At the turn of a corner, Ruki found their person. She was staring blankly ahead of her, running her hand along a book in her hands. At the sound of feet coming her way, Yui snapped her head towards the bunch and gave a small smile. Anxiousness filed her core as four males stared at her intently while closing in the rest of the distance.

Almost hesitantly, Ame was pushed towards the front. He took a couple steps, then stopped and lulled forward lightly, only to be caught on the shoulders by Yuma. Yui gave her half-brother a suspicious look before her face morphed into a knowing one.

She dropped to her knees and looked up at the tranced male, confirming her suspicions. She got back up and pulled Ame to a bench, then sat him down and crouched in front of him, studying his case. The anxiousness in her gut quickly turned to worry for her sibling.

"How long has he been like this??" Yui turned her head lightly, giving the four a side glance before going back to inspecting Ame. Azusa answered with three days while the female used her thumb to gently lift one of Ame's eyelids. His pupil was a darker shade of grey, but his iris was sharper- thinner. His whole eye was fuzzed over, making everything blend together in a fuzzy blur.

She stood back up and brushed her skirt off, then turned towards the vampires. "I never expected this to happen again." Her voice was quieter than normal with an undertone of worry. Memories flooded her vision of when they were younger. Ame had been in so much pain at the time- it scared the younger Yui.

"Well how do we fix little kitten?" The blonde vampire tsked agitatedly, leaning on a wall nearby. Azusa had also given the female a worried glance while going and sitting beside the male. His calming scent made Ame relax almost instantly and lean onto his shoulder.

"Last time this happened, the church poured holy water on Ame almost every day... They burnt the cross into his skin to ward off the demon-" She placed a hand over her mouth, finding that she said way too much information. Ruki raised one of his brows, approaching the blond female.

He whispered something into her ear and she shivered visibly, taking a step back while nodding. Yui swallowed thickly, looking back to Ame's slouched form, then nodded one extra time. She had to tell them what happened, even if Ame wouldn't like it.

"Okay- okay." She took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts. "It was almost twelve years ago, when Ame was four and I was five. He first complained about his body- how it was hot and it felt like he was stabbed. It was winter then." She paused, playing the scene right through her head.

"Yui! My chest hurts!" The small boy ran up to his half-sister, holding his chest. A look of pain was embedded in his eyes while he pleaded to his sibling to fix it for him. Yui could not do so. Instead, she brought them to their father in hopes of getting more help.

The older male studied the younger, then immediately debunked it as a simple cold and put Ame on bed rest. During that time, the man was lying. He knew it was no simple cold.

For the next three months, church pastors would constantly visit the four year old and tried many tactics to get the monster out of the boy's body. They tried holy water, they tried silver chains, and they tried many other ways too. None of them worked.

Finally, their father came up with the solution. That day was a bad day for Ame.

It started with Ame being chained to a bed. The silver made his skin heat up terribly, which caused groans of pain to escape from the possessed mouth. Holy water was poured all over the male's back, which made hisses of pain fill the room. Then, finally, they locked the demon deep within the boy by a mark of the cross burnt into the male's back.

"He was out for weeks... It really worried me." Yui had just finished telling them the experience. Her hands were placed over her aching heart at the memory of hearing her poor sibling bare the mark of the cross. She could remember the smell of burning flesh- and from the trembling of the male beside her, Ame remembered the feeling of burning flesh.

Ruki frowned in annoyance, angry about how they dealt with the hindrance in Ame. They had always hated churches, but this was absolutely ridiculous.

He and Yuma walked off, unable to fully process the situation. Kou and Azusa watched them leave with a frown and the blond clicked his tongue, going up to the two males. "Well we'll make sure little kitten is safe and not in pain." With that, Kou also disappeared.

Yui gave a little nod, wanting to leave as well. She ended up dashing off too, not wanting to be extremely late for her class. Azusa looked down to Ame with sorrow and gently ran his hands through the male's hair. He murmured to himself, then scooped the male up and took him to an empty room.

Until school ended, Azusa stayed by Ame's side and comfortingly ran his fingers through the soft hair of the other. Out of all people that cared for the human, Azusa cared the most and wanted to help bring a somewhat normal life back to the small boy.

I am not dead :)

I've been... Roleplaying and improving my writing skills? Either way, amino has become my main focus and this book has four chapters left :)