Chapter 15: Kitchen

The car wasn't in the driveway when we got home. My parent's were probably still out with James. I unlocked the door and dragged Gray to the kitchen. I started taking out the floor, eggs, sugar, cocoa, and other ingredients.

Gray started to laugh. "And you ask me why I like you?"

I tried to play it cool. "Oh this is not for you, I'm just hungry because we skipped out on dinner."

"I can tell when you're lying Lana," he wiggled his brows.

"I'm not lying," I bit the inside of my cheek.

"I'm going to have to punish you if you are," he said taking a step closer. I took a step back, my back hit the edge of the sink. Uh oh. His arms came on either side of me caging me in. My mind shot places it shouldn't. 

He leaned closer.

If I moved a bit then our lips would be touching. 

Pouf!

A cloud of white smoke blinded me. I wiped the flour from face with the back of my hand.

"Gray!"

He smirked. "I told you I was going to punish you, what other punishments were you thinking of?"

Oh, it was on.

I took a step closer to him and grabbed him by the collar with one hand, bringing him down so his face was closer to mine. "I can show you if you want?"

"Mmm I never you knew you had this side of you," his lips tipped up. 

I almost rolled my eyes. He would have liked that huh. He was in for a surprise.

With my other hand I cracked an egg on his head.

"You sure didn't," I said as I burst into laughter.

"It's not funny," he mumbled touching the yolk in his hair in disgust. What is it with guys and hair? 

His face was so red. He was angry. Uh oh... What have I gotten myself into?

Gray tipped his head back and burst into laughter. "Oh it's war Meyers!"

He grabbed the butter and smudged it all over my face making me squeal. I threw the cocoa powder on him. He grabbed more flour and dumped it all over me, covering me from head to toe. I started squirting some honey on him. He grabbed an egg and cracked it on my head, now I can see why he was mad- it was gross. I threw whatever flour was left and made a cake of whip-cream on top of his head. He now grabbed the whole carton of eggs.

My hands shot up in defeat. "Okay you win! Just put the eggs down!"

"Does the winner get a prize?" he did that half smile.

"Yup, you get to clean," I said in triumph.

He frowned. "That has got to be the worst prize ever."

A shrugged apologetically. 

He groaned. "You're lucky you're cute."

That made me chuckle, giving his cheek a little squeeze. He was cute when he was grumpy.

We started to clean the kitchen before my family got back home. I lent him some of James' clothes and put up a good fight convincing him that we should not shower together. After that we cuddled up with some ice cream and watched a Die Hard movie. 

As hard as I tried, I couldn't focus on the movie. My mind kept going back to what happened at his house. How this cheery boy was so angry.

"Gray?" I peered up at him.

"Mmm," he said still focused on the movie.

"Can you promise me something?" I asked.

"Anything," he replied quickly, now looking at me.

"Try understanding your mom, you have to see where she is coming from," I said. Maybe I could return the same favour.

He pursed his lips as if tasting something sour. "I know she wants what's in my best interest, but her ideologies are absurd."

"It's just I don't want to see you hurt like that, maybe you two can try and come to an understanding?" I asked.

"I've tried with her, she's impossibly stubborn," he grumbled.

"Now I see where you got it from," I teased.

"I'm not stubborn... I'm just committed," he said, nodding when he decided on the right word.

I scoffed. "You sure are."

He could say that twice.

Gray gave me a mischievous look before pulled me down and attacking me with tickles.

"Gray... I... can't... breathe," I said through my tears of laughter.

He finally released me giving us both a moment to collect ourselves. 

Once I could breathe again, I gave him a serious look. "I'm serious Gray, you helped me with my mom so I'm going to help you with yours."

He shook his head.

"Just try... for me?" I asked hopefully.

He gave me a long stare and sighed. "You can't give me those puppy dog eyes and expect me to say no. That's cheating."

I kissed my nonexistent muscled biceps. "That's called winning baby."

He laughed and ruffled my hair playfully.

Maybe now, we could both help fix each other.

---------------------------------

Don't be silent readers!

Vote and comment!

I always love reading what you have to say!

XO