The Light

Hero imagine

My shoes slide along the ground as I run behind the shipping container, the gun slips between my fingers as I aim hire and stare straight down the barrel, ready to face him. I poke my head around slowly, I can see a dark silhouette bouncing off the dim lights on the dock. I turn around and see Reid behind the shipping container across from me. He looks scared. Worried. I nod at him and nods back. I push my feet off the ground and launch myself around the corner,

"FBI!" I yell at the man in front of me. He doesn't turn to face me. I've finally got him, the man we've been tracking for months. It's just me and Reid. The others are on another dock looking for the same man. The gun slides between my fingers, everything around me slows.

"Turn around and put your hands up!" I add. My breath picks up as he puts his hands high and begins to turn. Something feels wrong, a cold sweat runs down my spine as more of his torso is revealed. Wires wrap around his belly, I turn to look at Spencer who is now walking over to me calmly. I turn back to the man. A large bomb device is stuck to his body. It's huge. There's a timer in the middle of his chest. I turn back to Spencer and scream at him, I don't even know if words came out but I know I screamed. I barely see the seconds on the clock before I feel my body flying through the air. My vision blurs, and my ears sound like static on a television.

"Hey! Wake up! Cmon y/n wake up!"

My eyes slight open. I see a face with red all over it. Blood drips onto me. I feel him slap my face again,

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, y/n it's okay, you're okay!"

"Spenc-" I try to say. I feel his arms around my limp body. I open my eyes again and now I can see. I'm lying in Spencer's lap, there's blood all over his face. He looks worried. I feel a deep throbbing pain in my gut. He sees that I've noticed, I feel him trying to press down on my stomach, it hurts too much and I cough. I can taste blood in my mouth.

"You're okay, you're gonna be alright." He looks down at me, his eyes are tearing up.

"How bad is it?" I say slowly.

"N-no it's not- I mean it's not bad at all, you'll be okay." He looks around worried, picks up his phone but throws it back down in anger. No signal I assume.

"Where's the team?" I cough again.

"I can't get a signal- but they know we're here they should be here soon, they would've heard-"

"He had a bomb" I remember.

"Yes- he did, b-but you're gonna be okay." I cough again and his eyes widen.

"Are y... you okay?" I stutter. Spencer smiles wide,

"Don't worry about me! I'm getting you out of here." He looks up and around frantically, more blood drips onto my face. I cough again and I start to see red in the corners of my eyes. Spencer gasps,

"That's it-" I feel him tuck his hands under my back and legs, and lift me up into his arms. I didn't know he was this strong. He stumbles past container after container, my vision goes blurry again and I want to rest my eyes, I'm so tired. I take a last look at Spencer, he looks scared. Then I close my eyes. After a couple of seconds his voice startles me,

"Hey! Y/n, no, no, no, look at me!"

I feel my body fall onto the ground again. And his hand against my cheek, this time he strokes my forehead, I feel my hair tuck behind my ear.

"Look up at the light y/n."

I open my eyes again, I see a bright street light but can only focus on his face, he's smiling at me.

"That's it. You're gonna be okay!"

"Spencer-" I mumble.

"I'm right here."

"I'm glad you're here." I close my eyes again.

"No, no, don't do that- HELP, HELP!" He calls out.

I feel his grip on me tighten but his voice echoes away slowly and all the lights around me start to blur. I notice two other shadows above Spencer hover before I shut my eyes again and everything fades to black.

-

I slowly blink my eyes open again. Bright white lights blind my vision and I reach for something, anything but my fingers find cold metal. I rub my eyes and look again, slowly I start to make out a hospital bed. I feel around more and accidentally knock something off my lap, I think it was a tray.

"Hey, y/n, it's okay just lie back down."

I turn my head to see Morgan sitting up on a seat next to my bed. He looks worried and tired, he must've just been sleeping.

"Where's Spencer." I ask quickly. His furrows his brow.

"He's in surgery." He replies.

"What?" I frown, and look around the room for him frantically. "But he- he was okay? He saved me-" I add, desperate to find him.

"I know, I know" Morgan helps me lie back down and calms me. "He was hit by debris from the one of the containers, it ricocheted and hit his upper thigh. He didn't notice until we got into the hospital, but he'd lost a lot of blood by then. They're in surgery removing it now."

"Is he going to be okay?"

"I think so." He looks down at me, a sad smile on his face.

"He saved me Morgan."

"I know he did y/n." He sits back down. "Before he went into surgery he asked about you." He adds. My heart drops.

"What did he say?" I ask quickly.

"He asked me if you were okay and I said you were, and then he said that even if he'd have die, he'd do it again for you."