Chapter Twenty-Three . . . Roses

Start from the beginning

I love you Catherine.

The card was suddenly ripped from my hands and when I looked up I saw Michael reading it with anger on his face.

"This is a bunch of bullshit!" He yelled before passing the card over to Geoff who's look of confusion turned into a look of concern as he read over the card.

"Holy shit." He whispered and passed the card around while I got the same reaction from everyone as I did Michael and Geoff.

"If this is a joke from any of you, it isn't funny." Geoff warned and I shot a look at Ryan who was reading over the note again. When he looked up his hands went up in surrender.

"I am not this fucked up." Ryan answered and I sighed wishing that it was his sick joke.

"So what do we do about this?" Jack asked and I bit my lip.

"Nothing." I answered and ran a hand through my hair.

"What do you mean we have to do something." I shook my head and leaned back into the chair.

"There's nothing we can do. He hasn't touched me or hurt me. The only thing are these roses, we don't even know if the note is real." I looked up and watched as Geoff played with his mustache.

"Okay guys, I need you to give me and Cat a minute alone." I looked at the guys and watched there facial expressions, and they all read the same thing.

Concern.

"Please guys. I'm alright." I offered with a smile.

"Alright. Let's go guys, we can get something to drink." Michael was the first one to return my smile and speak. The guys began heading out and following Michael.

"Guys nobody hears about this, okay? Especially Gavin."

"But he's-" Ryan started but Geoff shook his head.

"Keep it quiet, all of you." The men silently agreed and headed out all except for Ray.

"Can I stay? Please?" Geoff look at me for permission.

"Yeah Ray." I said with a smile.

"Shut the door." Geoff ordered before pulling over a seat closer to me. After shutting the door Ray joined him.

"Alright Cat, what's going through your head?" Ray asked and I looked down and played with my fingers.

"Nothing, I just feel like it's not worth going out for."

"Cat,this isn't just some crazy fan. This guy wants to come after you." Geoff said gently.

"You've never gotten anything like this before?" I asked and both men looked at each other. Geoff looked down at the ground while Ray grabbed my hand gently.

"Cat, we've here for a long time, seen a lot of crazy shit, but nothing to this extreme. We just want to help you." I looked up at Geoff and Ray who looked more than concerned, they actually looked scared.

"What do we do? Get me a security guard?" I joked.

"I want to talk to Burnie, Matt, and Gus first to make sure we are all in agreement." I bit my lip.

"Can we keep this on the down low, please? I can't have people giving me the pity look everytime I walk into this building."

"No one would do that here." Ray argued but Geoff put a hand on his shoulder to silence him.

"Are you going to tell Gavin about this?" Geoff asked.

How do I tell Gavin that I, his girlfriend, who's already messed up in the head from physical and mental abuse is now being stalked by some insane fan?