Reverse Child Kidnapping

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Fuck off!"

"Profanity!" Life called, clearly agitated with Nightmare's second swear in about a minute.

Nightmare didn't respond. Error knew he'd be flipping her off from the other room, though.

"Can someone explain?" Dream asked, "Because the negativity in this house is actually giving me a headache."

"Basically Ink and I had a minor falling out," Error said exasperatedly, "And then Nightmare decided to give me love advice for the hundredth time, which, may I add, is the same every time: 'Don't even get in relationships!' So obviously I told Nightmare that he's a massive hypocrite-" Error paused. He realised he'd shared too much. Cross was giving him a warning look.

"Hypocrite?" Dream frowned, "Nightmare, you're in a relationship?"

Nightmare appeared back in the doorway. "No. No Dream, I'm not."

"Then what do you mean, 'hypocrite'?" Reaper asked, turning to Error.

All eyes were on Error, who looked at Cross for help. Cross subtly shook his head, but Error kept looking at him. Cross looked away, pulling out his phone to ensure Error couldn't meet his eyes again.

"I... I don't know. C'mon, we gotta get going. See you later, Life, and thanks for the help." Error coughed, snapping his fingers to create a portal.

Slipping his phone back into his pocket and clearing his throat, Cross stepped forwards, "I'm not being pushed through this damn portal." He stepped through.

**

This new universe was certainly strange. Everything was black and white, no colour at all. It even seemed like the bark on the trees were paper-white, and the leaves seemed to be a charcoal-black, most also covered in crisp, colourless snow, just like the ground beneath them.

"I can believe this place is related to Cross somehow," Reaper joked, grabbing the black scarf on the monochrome skeleton. Cross slapped his hand away, re-arranging the scarf so that it was flowing behind him again. Reaper raised his hands and snickered.

Even the houses were colour-void, the walls all being white, the window frames and doors black like the rooves. 

Evidently, this was Snowdin Town. But there was no one in the streets, no lights on in houses or stores. Even the sky was greyscale (despite there technically being no sky in Snowdin, or any other part of the Underground); it was mostly pitch black, but there were white spots where light streamed down onto the town, illuminating it. They looked like holes...holes in the ground above? It made this version of the underground seem like a cage, and that looked like the escape. Hope. But false hope; they were far too high to reach. Perhaps hundreds of metres above their heads. Like stars, but closer. The 'stars' in Waterfall were more realistic, but less bright.

Or at least, that's what Error thought of it all, since The Underground is essentially a prison made by humans to conceal monsterkind from the surface.

Cross, having never seen such a place before (not having ever been trapped underground, or even temporarily visited a universe with an unbroken barrier), stared up at the 'sky' in amazement. Or confusion. It was hard to tell which. 

"Snowdin isn't exactly big, he'll be easy to find." Reaper said, walking to the front of the group, beside Error.

"No, Snowdin town is small. Snowdin itself is huge. It's the biggest part of the Underground." Nightmare said, turning to Error, "Remember us getting lost in Snowdin Forest in Underfell during a snowstorm? In the middle of the night? I mean, I don't understand how there's weather under here, but-"