𝑠𝑖𝑥 - 𝑚𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑒 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

[𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑑]

MASON

We need to talk.

When?

Now?

I can't.

I'm watching movies with Calum and Luke.

Okay. Then let's talk tomorrow.

I'll call you right after lunch.

Alright.

Jade?

Yes?

Please forgive me :(

From one moment to the other, I didn't want to hang out with Calum and Luke anymore. All I wanted was to sit on my bed and talk to Mason, finally figuring out what was wrong with him.

Please forgive me :(

His words swirled around my head, taking in a 100% of my thoughts. What did he mean? What should I forgive him? With every breath I took, I felt my lounges get heavier.

He's cheating on me, he's cheating on me.

The air became thinner, the knot in my stomach thicker and my heart heavier. I had never felt like this before and I had no Idea how I should go down to my brother and his friend and sit there without breaking out in tears, ruining the whole evening. I wasn't in the mood to watch a movie either; I wanted to talk about the things that were bothering me and I wanted to find out what was going on.

I could have told Calum that I wouldn't join them and that I would skype with Mason instead but even though I felt like crap not knowing how things between me and my boyfriend were standing right now, I guess, I was just a little too proud to be there right when Mason needed me after he ignored my calls for a whole day.

I took a deep breath and counted to three trying to calm down. I needed to forget about it for today. My face turned to the small mirror that was standing on my desk. I looked wasted.

A pair of sad glossy eyes was staring back at me combined with two lips that apparently didn't know how to form a smile.

I could blame the redness underneath my eyes on my sleeping problems but I had to work on my facial expression if I didn't want anyone to notice the storm that was going on inside of me.

After a few minutes of practicing my smile, I felt confident enough to join the boys.

They were both sitting on the couch arguing over what movie we should watch.

Calum insisted on watching an action movie while Luke by all means wanted to watch a romantic comedy, leaving me surprised. I hadn't expected him to have such a girly taste in movies but I didn't mind it at all. Usually I had to fight alone against Calum to watch movies like Notting Hill or She's the man and I was glad that someone finally agreed.

I tried not to think about Mason who would have gone for the romantic comedy as well and sided with Luke convincing my brother that the movie was the right choice.

Calum was sat in between of Luke and me, commenting on how predictable the whole plot of the movie was every five minutes, earning a soft punch on his shoulder.

I enjoyed every moment of the movie, it made me forget. It made me forget about my current relationship and also about the whole Corona situation. Even though I did not belong to the people who were endangered by the virus, it still affected me. I was scared about my grandparents who I hadn't seen for a whole week and could only hope that they were doing fine.

The virus happened to be the centre of attention at the moment and it was relaxing not having to think about it for once, even if it lasted only a bit longer than an hour.

It almost felt like the old days when Calum and I spent all weekend watching movies while eating tons of popcorn. The only thing that was different was that Luke was there too but it didn't bother me. He was most of the time quiet and when he opened his mouth, he either defended the movie from Calum or made remarks about how cute the two main characters would be together and that they should kiss already.

Watching movies with him was comparable to watching movies with my best friend Maureen.

"Awww", I squealed at the end as the boy finally got the girl in the end, giving her a passionate kiss.

"Was about time", Luke agreed.

"I don't get it guys", Cal said, raising an eyebrow. "You could tell from the first thirty seconds that they would end up together. Why do you make such a big deal out of it?"

"Look at them", I said theatrically, pointing with one hand at the screen, trying to show how much cuteness they were radiating. "They are sweeter that honey."

He just stared at me, then at the tv, then at Luke blinking a few times to demonstrate his confusion.

"Duh", Luke said sassy, copying my movements with his arms.

We three immediately started cracking up. The way he had said it was just hilarious, even though we knew he only said it as a joke but still, it was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time.

"That sounded so gay, bro", Calum giggled, gasping for air twice.

Only two hours ago, I was sitting in my room, desperately waiting for a text from Mason while I was almost drowning in self pity. But I was now sitting on our couch, not really being able to breath caused by the epic laughing fit I had, with my brother who hadn't spent much time with me lately and his best friend who I had strongly detested only two days ago.

Tears were running down our faces and there was no way we could control ourselves anytime soon.

And at this moment - despite of everything that was going wrong - I was truly happy.

☆☆☆

Quite a short chapter but I figured it was a good moment to stop :)

Thank you again for everyone who reads this story and especially for those who vote and take their time to comment, it makes me really happy !

Next chapter will probably be up tomorrow :)