"You saved me," I tell her, brushing loose hair away from her beautiful green eyes. "You saved the Underworld."

She offers me a half-hearted grin, still staring at the fire. "I'm glad that you're okay."

I sigh. "I'd rather that I went through what you went through," I admit. "It pains me knowing that they tried to break you." My hand is placed on her knee and I softly stroke it. "It's truly breaking my heart."

She finally turns her head to look at me. Her eyes look heavy and exhausted. "I will be fine, Hades. I promise." Her eyes travel from my own eyes down to my chest, which is lacking clothes. I chuckle as I watch her cheeks turn pink. "Your, uh, your stomach..."

"It will be fine," I tell her, still smiling.

She nods. "Good."

"Do you wish to return to Earth?" I ask her quietly, tilting my head to the side.

Persephone quickly shakes her head, eyes widening. "No! I want to stay here. Besides, I ate a pomegranate."

I scoot a little closer to her. "I recall, but your mother sent word that she will arrive tomorrow to bring you back to Earth."

"Hades," she pleads desperately, tears straining her voice, "I can't endure that ever again. Can't you see? I belong here."

My hand cups her soft face and my thumb brush her tears away. "I know," I assure her in a whisper. "I want you to stay here more than anything."

Her bottom lip trembles and she's staring into my eyes with her soft, beautiful eyes. "I belong here," she says softly, "with you."

Licking my lips, I consider what we could do. "It's going to be difficult. When your mother sees your injuries, she's bound to be furious."

Persephone sets her cup of tea down and takes the blanket off her shoulders. She stares at the bandages covering her body. "I know," she sighs. She blinks the tears from her eyes and bites her lip. "Hades?"

I bury my face into her neck, inhaling her sweet vanilla-lavender scent. Her skin is so soft and perfect despite literally killing a Titan today and undergoing some kind of torture. "Yes, love?"

I can't hear her question. My eyes flutter closed. Her skin is so warm and soft and I just want to sleep next to her.

"Come again?" I ask warily. 

Persephone leans back so I'm forced to look at her directly. Her concern is evident by the way her bottom lip is pouted and her eyebrows are knit together. "When you were hurt, you told me to defeat Kronos. How did you know I could do it?"

I almost smile. "I have never doubted you for a second," I answer, taking her hands into mine. "Watching you grow with your godly powers since your arrival here, seeing your love for the Underworld deepen, I knew you could do it."

Her nose crinkles as she giggles. "Thank you," she whispers with a grin.

"For what?" I ask, mimicking her smile.

"For believing in me," she replies quietly. "No one else would ever have thought that I could defeat a Titan."

"Well, you did," I assure her. I lean in and softly kiss her temple. "And I am so proud of you."

Persephone's cheeks turn pink again as her eyes flick to my torso. Lacking a shirt. She clears her throat. "I think you should sleep, Hades."

"What, am I distracting you?" I ask with a cheeky grin.

She pushes me away with a shy grin on her face. "No!" she laughs, her voice an octave higher than usual.

I raise an eyebrow at her. "Whatever you say..."