As soon as Kira finished her phrase, she disappeared into a portal. Akira closed her eyes and let out a breath. She knew there was someone watching them through the window and approached it.

Shisui had focused all of his chakra on the soles of his feet and kept himself attached to the wall next to the window. After he had met Kira, he immediately knew this woman was hiding something. "You told me to stop looking for Hanako, only to make me even more interested and listen in to your conversation?" He spoke out loud when he couldn't sense Kira's presence anymore.

"Yeah, Kira was listening to us even before she made herself known. I needed her to think I didn't want you to get involved," replied Akira, looking out the window.

"But you don't want us to stop."

Akira looked at him seriously. "It would have taken you too long to find a way to bring her back. Unless Hanako finds a way to open a portal herself, she won't be coming back. It's time you and Hikari open the portal yourselves and bring her back."

Shisui widened his eyes. "You're using your sister to open the portal."

Akira took a step back and gave Shisui a smile. "I've given you enough hints already. Hikari should know an object relevant to this timeline you can use to come back. Hurry up and bring Hanako."

* * *

"Good morning!" Hanako flinched when the sheets were suddenly ripped away from her. She opened her eyes only to find Amane looking down at her with a wide smirk. "Utah is awake."

Hanako narrowed her eyes. "You woke me up just for that?"

"Didn't you want to know about the stone? It's the right moment to ask him about it. Tajima already arranged a room."

With a deep breath, Hanako got up and combed her disheveled hair with her hands.

It took the two girls from the Uchiha a few moments to come to the room. Everyone was gathered in a circle, with Kenji and Utah at the center. Tajima was right in front of them, with his arms crossed in front of his chest and an ever present frown in his face.

"Now that everyone is here, start talking. What exactly happened?"

Utah flinched slightly, but began telling his story. "My father passed down this stone to me when I became the emperor of the Land of Ancestors. He said that it must always remain hidden from prying eyes, unknown to all villagers.

"But this one night, the stone was making a terrible sound. Like a desperate cry for help." Utah closed his eyes. "I was curious and walked to it. From the moment I entered the room of the stone, I noticed it was glowing." Utah paused for a minute, giving the leader a serious look. "And then it all went dark."

"You don't remember anything else?" Tajima asked. Utah shook his head. "Did you know you killed everyone in your homeland?" He nodded, with a sad look filling his features.

"Kenji told me about it."

"When did the stone take you over?"

This time, Kenji replied, knowing that Utah wouldn't know how much time has passed. "That was roughly three months ago. I went to several villages searching for Utah-sama before coming here."

Utah seemed surprised, like he hadn't known anything about it. Hanako narrowed her eyes.

He lost his memory of the past three months?

The sole thought was absurd. How could he not be conscious of his own body for that long?

It wasn't as crazy at all. She had seen him use the Byakugan against her, but now his eyes were as blue as the sky. Amane also knew about this, but she had decided to remain quiet. Whoever used the Byakugan, it wasn't him. But the chakra she had sensed in his body was gone as well.