Chapter Five

There's a heavy feeling in her heart as she left behind her son but it's for their future.  She knew that 6 months will just pass like a fly.  For 6 weeks, she didn't personally work with Luke and she's thankful for it.  Cali has mixed emotions with happenings.  Deep inside her heart, she wanted to tell Luke about Lucas because he deserves to know that he's a father.  But telling him will ruin his life, his marriage.  That's why she's making all the effort to avoid Luke.  Of course, they saw each other at the meeting and if there's anything to be consulted from him and to be signed but that's it.  They both make an effort to stay out each other ways.

These past days, their schedule is hectic and they had overtime for two weeks and it's taking toll on Cali's health.  She's stress with the work and mostly by not seeing his angel.

She look into Lucas picture on her cell.  It was taken on their vacation in Davao. Lucas was smiling widely with a little eagle on his shoulder.

Her eyes become misty.

'I miss you, baby.'

"Hi, Cali.  Are you okay?" Jaimee, one of the project head, asked her when she saw how pale she is.

"I am okay. "

"Hey.  You gotta take a break."

"I know.  I just want to finish my work here early.  I wanted to go home."

Jaimee smiled longingly.

"You just missed your baby boy.  Aww. I am sure if I have one, I'll make sure to be with him always. You got a pretty baby boy."

"Thank you. He definitely got my pretty genes." She said despite of knowing that Lucas took everything after his father. She finds it really unfair how she carried Lucas in her womb for 9 months, she's the one craving and took all the pain in labor and he just come out of her looking exactly his father.

"No offense but your son looks nothing like you.  I bet he looks like after his father?"

Cali just laughed on Jaimee's statement.

"Come to think of it.  I think he looks really familiar and I can't just pin point who."

"No need to think deeper, Jaimee.  Let's just put it this way.  My baby took after his father."

Cali turned and realized that Luke is standing behind her all along.  She's so sure that he heard them talking about Lucas, their child!  Her smile slowly vanish as he saw his pupil turning black with anger and emotions.

"Jaimee go back to your office and do some work." Luke said and continue walking. 

Cali didn't realized that she's holding her breath.  She was relieved when Luke passed on them.

Just as she thought she's off the hook.

Luke tuned around and coldly said.
"Cali. In my office now."

Her heartbeat is going crazy.  Her hands are shaking with nervousness and sweating.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Alejandro?", She casually asked when she closed the sliding door behind her.  She tried hard to act normal but her trembling voice is betraying her.

"How was the new contract of the technician?" Luke asked while looking for the folders.

"New contract was draft based on the innovation in upcoming years."

Luke finally found the folders and gave it to her then he sat back on his swivel chair with fountain pain on his fingers.

"I need you to look into these contracts then give me recommendations of the suppliers need to be renewed and terminated based on the quality and cost of the materials. We have to choose the very efficient supplier as we are migrating to new billing platform."

Cali sighed in relief.

'Pfff.. It's just a work.no need to get hype.'

"Also, there's a research on using smart meters in the Philippines.  I want us to be the first electric company to migrate using smart meters. Study the cost and benefits. ROI."

Cali was amazed as Luke discusses continually.

"Are you listening, Miss Javier?"

She was back in reality when Luke snapped his fingers.

"I need the recommendations by monday and the business case within 2 weeks."

'I guess no sleeping for me this coming days.'

"Tell me if you can't.......''

"I can do it, Mr. Alejandro." She was determine to show him that she's capable.

"Good.  You can leave." Luke dismissed her.

Cali walked to the door with a heavy folders in her arms and head high up.  Surprisingly, Luke held out the door for her.

"You had a kid."

Cali stopped on her tracks.  It seems like Luke exploded a bomb in front of her.  She was going deaf with the loud and fast beats of her heart .

"You have no ring and still single on employee database."

She turned to face him with emotionless face but deep inside, she feels scared and angry.

"Are you keeping tabs on me, Luke?"

"No." Luke said with finality. "I was just curious. Is it from one night stand? Or have you sell your bo---?"

Luke didn't finish his sentence when Cali slapped him.  He just chuckled which made Cali boiled in humiliation and anger.

"How dare you?!!"

"Well, you gave yourself to me for revenge's sake so it's not---"

"Yes! My son was born out of one night stand!  I slept around after I left you in the altar.  And you know what, I am glad I left you like an idiot because if not, I won't found other men can satisfy me the way you couldn't!" Cali said in anger.  Her face is so red.

Luke's face is red too! He wanted to hurt her but he just closed his fist, hardly.

Cali couldn't believe the lie she said. All she want is to hurt him, just like how his words hurt her. Just like everytime she tried to hurt him, she's inflicting it deeper to herself.

They have staring contest.

"I am sorry. I didn't----" Cali said as she step back then ran away from him.

She went directly to comfort room and lock herself.

Then she let her tears out.

'How dare him say those things?! He's the only one who took me. And how can I bring up the past to try to hurt him??!'

Yes. These past years she tried hard to move one from him because he doesn't deserve someone like her.  Full of anger and revengeful.