t w o

After meeting the boys at the diner, Jeongguk and Jungkook had decided they wanted to catch some sleep from their jet lag, admitting it would be be five in the morning for them back in America.

The five others all allowed them to get to sleep they needed and to contact them later so they could get ready to head out to Daegu for the event they wanted to all attend together.

"Jungkook, I don't . . ." Jeongguk started, not facing his brother. "I don't want to go to Daegu. What if he's there? I don't want to see his stupid fucking face. I don't think I would be able to control my emotions and I'm pretty sure I'm ready to just punch him right in the face." He expressed, rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands. "I can't bare thinking of it again." He expressed his extreme distaste.

"Why do you hold onto it so much?" Jungkook inquired, laying in bed, setting his phone down. "We won't see him, I'm positive we wouldn't. Even if we did, I don't think he would be ballsy enough to talk to us."

". . . You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. Silly me."

"Not silly, c'mon, don't be upset." Jungkook sighed softly.

Jeongguk finally turned to face his younger twin brother. "I'm not upset. I've never been upset about the topic, Kook." He declared. "Just . . . Annoyed? I feel like every time I manage to push it away, it hits me. It hits harder each time."

"It's just testing you." Jungkook shrugged. "I think you're comparing everything to the topic, you're hurting yourself." He added on, watching the older pace slightly.

"It's whatever. It's not important." Jeongguk said finally, shaking his head. "We need to get some rest. This trip is going to be the death of me." He pulled off his shirt, tossing it on top of his suitcase before collapsing onto the stiff mattress. He pulled the covers over his body, feeling his limbs being engulfed in the warmth of his blankets.

He closed his eyes, feeling the tips of his lashes brush ever so faintly on his cheeks. Jeongguk rocked somewhat, enjoying the feeling of being cradled, even if it were by his own self. He could feel his lungs fill with air and peacefully exhale, bringing a wash of exhaustion to overcome his presence.

     On the other hand, Jungkook felt a bit saddened. He kept a close eye on his twin, making sure he was relaxing and falling asleep. He didn't want his brother hurting as much as he did.

Jeongguk would never admit to it but he still held pain from the day they met their separate ways, where the twins no longer had a third person with them.

It's safe to tell everyone now that Taehyung no longer was with the twins. It was also very clear that the said adult wasn't in contact with anyone, not even Jimin who was his best friend.

No one had his contact or his email, no one knew where he went off too, what he did with his life or why he cut all contact.

It all came to a halt, it all ended in the blink of an eye. It was weird, it was strange. It was so unlike Taehyung to become so cold and be so willing to seal himself away like he did.

Jungkook, personally, didn't care. It happened and he didn't let it get to him like Jeongguk did. He believed that if someone cared so much, loved like they once claimed, they would stay beyond the issues thrown their way.

He picked that up after his father left, after having countless dreams of he one day coming back. That was when he was really young, soon understanding he was a liar and cheater.

When Mr. Jeon did arrive back, he did it to rub it in their faces he had a wife and a new kid. Jungkook and Jeongguk didn't buy any of the bullshit he spilt, not wanting him to be apart of their lives after years of his absence.

Jungkook tried to hide how much Taehyung leaving did bother him. It was painful, he was angry and upset about it, but he chose not to stay attached to it, practicing what he preached.

If he could let go of his father, he could most certainly let go of his first love who he had only spent two years with

It was heartbreaking and the readers would be devastated hearing they didn't last very long.

But as everyone should know, all good things must come to an end at some point.

***

     Jungkook found himself twisting and turning all night, not catching a blink of sleep like he originally planned.

The aforementioned pushed himself to sit up, brushing his hair back which quickly fell right back in the same exact spot he first brushed it from. He looked to his left, seeing as his twin brother was fast asleep, engulfing a pillow closely to his chest.

Jungkook hummed softly. He swung his feet off the side of the bed, wanting to try to get himself a drink of water.

He just needed something to refresh himself, try to get his body ready to try to sleep again.

The young adult filled his glass with some cold water, bringing the cup to his thin and chapped lips. He tilted his head back, letting the water slide down his throat. He could feel the cold sensation run down in his chest and into his stomach.

When he brought it down, he could hear the faintness of cars driving on the street-light lit roads. Maybe some fresh air and the night sky would really put it in his head that it was time to sleep.

With those very thoughts, Jungkook set his glass down, slipping on his shoes and a light jacket, being sure to grab the key card to the hotel and his phone. He just wanted to feel replenished, suddenly having a feeling of sleepless exhaustion. He figured it was his jet lag and the sprung of Taehyung's name.

Jungkook took the elevator down two floors, hearing the faint beep to indicate he had made it to his designated floor which would take him to the lobby and then right outside.

Jungkook just wanted some comfort but didn't really need anyone by his side or rubbing his back. He just needed a moment to take things in by himself.

He took a seat on one of the steps that lead up to the hotel, taking in a long needed breath that inflated his lungs with the outdoor aromas. Jungkook closed his eyes, feeling the air highlight his frame, blowing some hair to the side as it brushed passed him.

It was times like this where Jungkook would wonder what Taehyung did with his life. He would question if Taehyung ever regretted breaking up with the two, if he ever had second thoughts or even just wanted to become friends.

Jungkook imagined it would be hard to be friends with the twins he had multiple threesomes with and would somehow end up with two dicks in his rear end.

Maybe he was just trying to think of better ways to put the situation they were left in. He didn't want it to be as bad as it seemed and somehow it was, it was worse.

Jungkook actually felt stupid. He praised himself so much for being able to drown away the issue and yet here he was drowning with it. He couldn't even sleep but at this point, he fears he's just paranoid over what his brother had brought to his attention.

What if they did run into Taehyung along the way of traveling to Daegu? What if they bumped into him and Jeongguk lost his shit? What if they had to see him in some type of way?

What if they never met Taehyung again? That was a question, no, a topic all on its own.

Would Jeongguk and Jungkook be okay if they never saw or heard from Taehyung again? Would it best if they didn't, didn't have the opportunity opened to them to be able to face the aforementioned once more?

_______

author's wittle note:
Three chapters in — or, well, two without the prologue :)
1. Why do you think they broke up?
2. Please stay :( and vote
3. Which twin is dealing with it harder? Both? Neither and they're fine?