Chapter 8

I smile to myself as I stretch awake. I still can't believe last night had planned out to be better than I had imagined. The time is already 13:22 and I stand up and walk over to my window. It's a beautiful day so I decide to go for a run and I put on my running gear.

I head down stairs and grab a water out of the fridge. I notice a yellow sticky note on the counter and pick it up. 'Gone shopping with Damien - mom' I smile and put it down. I walk out the door and place my water on the ground at the beginning of the walk way path. I put my ears phones in and begin at a slow pace.

With music being my motivation, I manage to run all the way to the next town and back before I know it. I sit on the pavement as I finish and take a big sip of water. I force my self to slowly breath in and out to catch my breath. I turn my attention to an oncoming car and stand up. It's mom and Damien coming back from the shops.

"Go for a run?" my mom asks, getting out the car. I nod and walk over to help unload. "This is for you, tell me if anything doesn't fit, then we can just go exchange it for something cuter" she hands me a bag from pull and bear and I hug her. "Thanks mom" I smile and walk inside the house.

I walk up to my room and shower. The rush of cool water on my heated body is refreshing. I roughly dry my hair and put it into a messy bun and then get changed into a short and strap top. I put the bag from mom in my cupboard and save it for a suprize later. I decide to help Damien paint his bedroom wall a lighter blue and then ended my day off with a Netflix movie that Damien, Tyler, mom and I all watched together with popcorn and snacks.

The next day

I wake up sweating it is so hot. I put my fan on full blast, pull my shirt off and lay back down.  My phone vibrates and I check it. 'Bella and I are up for a beach day, you in -becs' I smile and respond yes as fast as I can. I run over to my cupboard and pull out my box of bikinis, i choose to wear my black bottom with a red top bikini to keep things simple. I grab my beach towel and put it on my bag along with sunscreen and my wetsuit top. I pull my black retro t shirt/dress over my bikini and slip into my white sandals. I put on my black bucket hat and pair of sunglasses.

Just before I leave the house I remember I still have a massive cut in my fucking foot and if salt water got into it, well shit. Thank goodness moms a doctor and has a bunch of medical stuff, I go into her room and pull the box out from underneath the bed. I instantly notice high quality waterproof plasters and throw a few in my bag.

Bella starts the ignition and we blast music from the radio.

As soon as we arrive, we quickly grab our things out of the boot and run towards the see. Well I sort of run, hop after them. We lay our tells out not too far from shore and set of the big umbrella, it's not windy so we won't have to worry about it blowing away. Becca pulls off her shirt and t-shirt and runs into the water. "I think she's still high from the rave 2 days ago" Bella laughs, pulling her shirt off and lying down. "I think so too" I shake my head and hand her a coke. "How'd things so with Trevor" I smirk and she smiles to herself. "We had our first kiss" she says and I gasp. "Welllll, how was it" she perches herself up on her elbow. "You don't have to worry so much about me,,, what about you..." she searches for an expression on my face and I frown. "What do you mean, Kade?" I question and she nods. "What about him, we did nothing but dance" I shrug and take a sip of coke. "Bruh, all the guys kept looking at you 2 because apparently it's so amazing that he smiles" she rolls her eyes. "I know right, what is that all about!?" I shake my head. I still don't get it, everyone makes such a big deal out of the fact that Kade smiles. "You guys seem close though" she shifts the umbrella for some sun. "Yeah, hes cute" I smile and she smacks my arm. "Diana Jones finally thinking a boy is cute, I thought this day would never come" I hit her back. "Shut up".

I stand up and remove my shirt. I walk over to the water and poke my toes in. Okay, it's actually quite warm. I slowly get in, watching my step because you never know what lies at the bottom of the ocean. "It's refreshing hey?" Becca moves towards me as I reach the water just below my boobs. "Ya, I'd expect it to be cooler" I dip my head under and come back up. "Bella not coming in?" he looks over at the umbrella and I shake my head. "You know her, always close to the water, but never in it" I chuckle and look out at sea. "Look at those beautiful boys over their" she motion her eyes behind me and I turn my head. She's right, a group of teenager boys with their shirts off were splashing each other. I wonder what Kade would look like with his shirt off. "Don't you have a boyfriend" I kick her under the water. "Jeez your legs are smooth" I gasp. She smirks. "Welllll, he asked me out tonight and I have an idea that we might step things up". "Ahh, are you ready for that step though!?" she didn't seem unsure. "Ya, I really love him, besides we've known each other for a month now and we confessed we've both lost our virginity already" I nod and smile. "Well, you aren't gonna get away without telling me how it was tomorrow" I glare and her and she laughs. "Don't worry, of course I will tell you guys, plus we're 19 and deserve to be living life on the wild side at this age" I smile. "He seems like one of the good ones".

"Guysss" we turn our attention at the sound of bells voice. "Ya!?" we shout back. We climb out of the water and dry off. "I was wondering if you wanted ice cream because I wanna go get some" she asks grabbing her wallet. "We'll just come with" Becca nods and we put on my denim shorts.

We stand in the long que. Bella nudges me and I look up at her with a 'what?' expression. She motions her eyes infront of her and I look up. There standing right in front of us (without a shirt on) was Alex, my ex who I recently had to break up with one and a half years ago because he moved away to Bali. He was standing with a tall girl with brunette hair with his hand on her waist, for some reason it hurt to look at them. I pull my hat over my eyes to not seem so noticeable. I hope he doesn't see me. We really had something and it took me 2 months to get over him. Once they finished getting their ice cream he walks away and I take my hat off. Phew. "Diana?" I hear his voice and turn my head. Maybe I shouldn't turned so fast. "Hi Alex" I smile shyly and he smiles back. "I'll be there now" he smiles to the girl and she smiles at him and then at me before walking away. "It's good to see you, it's been what? 2 Years almost?" he moves closer and gives me a hug. I breath out in his touch and close my eyes. I pull away. "Ya, it has" I look him in the eyes. "You look good Ana" he smiles. "You too Alex, how's Bali?" he pauses for a moment. "It's ok, listen I hate to bring it up but I heard about Luca and your dad.. I wanted to message but I just-" I can see the pain in his eyes. "No, it's fine. It took some time but it's getting better" I rub my eyes and feel him take my hand. "I'm sorry," he hugs me and I shake my head "Well I gotta get going, I hope we can meet again soon" I smile and he smiles back. "Ya, definitely".