𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊 - paradox

TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ : explicitly mentions domestic abuse

"(name). Go get me another beer. Now."

A man with scrawny, dark black hair was seated on a couch, wasting his time by drinking. He had many other bottles beside him, but they were empty. On the floor was a girl clenching her fists, holding in her tears. She helplessly stared at the floor.

"Y-yes." The twelve-year-old girl answered softly, not loud enough for her father to hear.

"What was that?! If your useless little mouth is going to speak, make it so that I can hear it, bitch!" Her father angrily shouted, threatening to hit her.

"Y-yes, father." She said more sternly but shut her eyes, flinching at the sudden rise of volume.

"That's what I thought."

This was a normal day for (name). Her father would demand her to get him a beer and shout at the poor girl until he felt satisfied with making her scared for her life, while he carelessly drank his worries away. He would do unthinkable things a father would do to her daughter. Each day wasn't any better, but she had gotten used to it. After all, it was like this since she was five.

Now you're probably wondering where her mother was to take care of her and defend her daughter, right? Well, she won't be very important.

She already died giving birth to her.

(name) had bruises littered all over her body, red eyes fresh from crying in her room, a thin figure, and long, messy, black hair. She currently wore a loose-fitting baby blue hoodie with a plain white t-shirt underneath and a pair of black shorts. She opened the small fridge and grabbed a beer with two hands. She walked over to her father, but when she placed the cold bottle in his hands, he harshly kicked at her leg, making her fall down on her hands. He directed a disgusted look towards her and scrunched up her hair in his hands, throwing her to the side. She made no visible or audible signs of pain.

She slowly got up and went back to her room, still trembling, grabbed a pair of socks, and slipped them on. She put on some old shoes, too. The dark-haired girl's father did not notice her slip away from him.

Or maybe he did just not care anymore now that he had gotten his beloved alcohol.

Either way, she was able to leave the house. She loved leaving the house, not only because her father wasn't there, but she could meet her friends.

Though they had only met a year or two ago, the trio became very close and knew every small detail on what was going on in each other's lives.

She headed to the top of a small hill in their neighborhood where their hangout spot was enclosed by a tree or two, waiting for two other males to join her. The sun shone across the blue cloudy skies and she made her way up to the top of the hill, striding along the uneven, green, grass. (name) sat on the fresh smelling, earthy weeds and pulling out a few strands, she curled up in her knees. She leaned against a tree in the shade, since it was hot in the summer of Tokyo.

"Hey, (name)." A taller boy approached the girl. He propped himself down beside her. A smaller boy than the one before him, only a little bit taller than (name)'s height, slowly walked up the hill behind them.

"Kuroo, stop walking so fast. I'm not someone who'll just run the whole way here like you." A boy with brown hair grumbled underneath his breath.

"Yeah, yeah. You just need to stop being so lazy, Kenma." He retorted. He looked over at you slouched figure plucking the grass out from the earth. They both noticed how quiet you were and stared with concern.