Bonus Snippet

Hoodie

Sometime during the second year of college...

I waited for Liam while playing with the promise ring in my hand.

"Let's go.", he said putting his arm around my shoulder and dragging me towards the cafeteria.

"What took you so long?", I asked looking up at him while still walking.

"Well, I had difficulty telling off a girl. So I got a little late.", he said while speeding up a little.

"Who is she?", I asked removing his hand from my shoulder making him stop moving.

"Why? Jealous?", he asked smirking.

"Yeah, I am so jealous that I am going to snap her neck now.", I said turning around.

"Hey, hey. Where do you think you are going? You don't even know who she is. And I was just kidding. I was late because the professor was explaining a concept to us.", he said holding me close to him with his hands around me while I struggled against him.

"Now I have to be jealous of the professor?", I asked looking up at him.

"Let's go already.", he said chuckling and pulling me with him to the cafeteria. I had a smile playing on my lips all the while.

He bought our lunch before we headed to the stone wall facing the garden area, where he had taken me after asking me out for the prom.

He climbed up on the wall and took the food from me, so that I could climb up.

"I had been meaning to ask you this from morning. Why does this hoodie feel familiar?", he asked pointing to the hoodie I was wearing.

"Maybe I would have worn it already. I don't buy new hoodie every week.", I said shrugging while still eating my lunch.

"No not that. I feel like its familiar like familiar.", he emphasized.

"What are you trying to tell?", I said turning to him putting down my food.

"I got it. This is mine. That is why it felt familiar.", he said nodding.

"Oh, then I might have mixed it up with mine after drying it.", I said refusing to look into his eyes as I knew where I got it from.

"Or someone just didn't return it since the time I gave it to them.", he said reminding me the time he had given it to me back in school.