Failed Outing

"I heard you had a date today. Who is it? The roommate?", Emily asked while I waited for the drinks.

Flashback

"So you are going to act as if you don't know me?", he asked.

"Oh please. Why would I act? I really don't know you.", I said entering the kitchen with him following me behind.

"Okay fine. Let's get this done your way.", he paused holding out his hand.

"Liam Sanders. And you?

I rolled my eyes at that, nevertheless, held his hand.

"Tanya Walter."

"Nice meeting you, Ms Walter. Let's make some great memories."

"Not happy meeting you.", I said taking out my hand from his hold.

"Hell, no. who would go out with him? And it isn't a date. It is just a friendly dinner. It is one of my classmate.", I said.

"Classmate, roommate, some mate. Here you go. Your customers are waiting.", she said placing the drinks and pushing me out before I could respond.

I gave the drinks to the customers and went ahead and brought their bills after they confirmed that didn't want anything else.

It was eight in the evening now and Gabel will be here anytime.

At exactly, 8:10 Gabel came in. He was wearing a blue t-shirt and black tracks. I removed my apron and went ahead to the table I had reserved.

"Hi. You look good.", he said as soon as I sat down.

"What is good looking in this? I am just wearing the uniform. Now stop with your shot at flirting. Let's order. I'm starving.", I said and called over for one of my co-workers.

"Well it was worth trying.", he muttered while John made his way towards us.

"How may I help you, ma'am?", he asked with a smile on his face.

"Well, bring us the best you have.", I ordered putting down the menu.

"Of course, I will be right back with your dinner. Would you like some drinks before that?", he asked noting down in his notepad.

"Just water will do.", I said returning the menu card back to him.

"Yeah, never mind about me.", Gabel muttered when John went away with the order I had given.

"Don't sulk, big baby.", I said while sipping on my water.

Soon enough our food was served. I adjusted my chair a little closer to the table and dug in. All the while we kept talking about random things.

Gabel was my classmate in automobile workshop. Any doubt, I always ask him. He doesn't look like a nerd at all. He has the looks of the jock and the brains of the nerd. Surprising right? Even I doubted him at first when he behaved as though he knew what he was doing. But later he proved me wrong. He also happens to be a competitor of mine, big time.

"I come looking for you to call you for dinner, only to see that you are already enjoying a meal with someone.", a voice said from behind me.

"I never asked for you to care for me."

Flashback

"Home sweet home.", he called out after successfully getting all his things in.

I sat there flipping through the channels while sipping on iced tea.

"Can I have some?", he asked stretching his hand for my drink.