Eternal Life

*Robes - just a reminder*

(Y/n)'s POV

I stormed through the portal, deciding to have a look at the damage. I walked into a hallway to see Stephan checking the pulse of a dead Zealot.

"You did the right thing you know" I said, making Stephan look up at me with a plain face. He grabbed a red Cloak....

"Wow is that The Cloak of Levitation, it chose you that's amazing" I said proudly, a smile on my face. He just kept a serious composure, grabbing the cloak and throwing it over him, walking past me.

I sighed and followed him into the relics section of the sanctum, the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak laid on the floor.

"You trapped Kaecilius in them?" I asked and he vaguely nodded.

"Strange!" I turned to see Mordo. "Your okay."

"A relative term. But yeah, I'm okay" Stephan responded.

"The Cloak of Levitation. It came to you" Mordo stated shocked.

"Don't sound so shocked, he might be offended" I said amused.

"No minor feat" I turned to see the Ancient One enter the room. "It's a fickle thing."

"He's escaped" Stephan said.

"Kaecilius?" She asked.

"Yeah. He can fold space and matter at will" Stephan said and my eyes widen.

"He folds matter outside the Mirror Dimension" I said shocked.

"In the real world?" The Ancient One asked annoyed.

"Yeah" he responded.

"How many more?" She asked.

"Two. I stranded one in the desert" Stephan said.

"And the other?" The Ancient One asked.

"His body's in the hall. Master Drumm is in the foyer" Stephan said glumly.

"He's been taken back to Kamar-Taj" Mordo responded.

"The London sanctum has fallen. Only New York and Hong Kong remain now to shield us from the Dark Dimension. You defended the New York Sanctum from attack with it's master gone, it needs another. Master Strange" the Ancient One said and Stephan looked at her shocked.

"No" he said. "It is Doctor Strange. Not Master Strange. Not Mister Strange. Doctor Strange. When I became a doctor I swore an oath to do no harm. And I have just killed a man! I'm not doing that again. I became a doctor t save lives, not take them."

"You became a doctor to save one life above all others. Your own" the Ancient One said. I sighed and placed my hand on Stephan's shoulder, but he shrugged it off.

"Still seeing through me, are you?" He asked.

"I see what I've always seen: your over-inflated ego. You want to go back to the delusion that you can control anything even death, which no one can control. Not even the great Doctor Stephan Strange" She said annoyed.

I felt bad for Stephan because I know what he's going through, I had the same reaction when I killed someone for the first time, I took the same oath he did.

"Not even Dormammu?" He asked and I saw the Ancient Ones face looked shocked. "He offers immortality."

"It's our fear of death that gives Dormammu life. He feeds off it" she snapped.

"Like you feed off him?" Stephan retorted and I gasped. "You talk to me about controlling death? Oh I know how you do it. I've seen the missing rituals from The Book of Cagliostro."

"Stephan" I said in a warning tone.

"Measure your next words very carefully, doctor" the Ancient One said wearily.

"Because you may not like them?" He asked, their proximity getting closer.

"Because you may not know of what you speak" she corrected.

"What is he talking about?" Mordo asked.

"I'm talking about her long life, the source of her immortality. She draws power from the Dark Dimension to stay alive" Stephan said and Mordo scoffed. It does seem probable, I mean how else has she stayed alive this long.

"That's not true" Mordo said.

"I've seen the rituals. Worked them out. I know how you do it" Stephan said, looking at the Ancient One.

"Once they regroup... the Zealots will be back. You'll need reinforcements" she deflected, walking off. Mordo walked past him and I, looking back at Stephan.

"She's not who you think she is" he said.

"You don't have the right to say that. You have no idea the responsibility that rests upon her shoulders" Mordo snapped.

"No, and I don't want to know" Stephan replied.

"Your a coward" Mordo said.

"Mordo stop" I said, but he ignored me.

"Because I'm not a killer?" Stephan asked shocked.

"These Zealots will snuff us all out and you can't muster the strength to snuff them first?!" Mordo snapped annoyed.

"What do you think I just did?!" Stephan shouted.

"You saved your own life! And then whined about it like a wounded dog" Mordo responded furiously.

"Mordo! Enough" I snapped but once again they ignored me.

"Oh, you would have done it so easily?" Stephan asked rhetorically, walking past me. Unbelievable.

"You have no idea the things I've done" Mordo replied. "And the answer is yes. Without hesitation."

"Even if there's another way?" Stephan asked.

"There is no other way" Mordo replied, getting closer to Stephan.

"You lack imagination" Stephan said.

"No, Stephan. You lack a spine" Mordo said and I growled.

"ENOUGH!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, getting their attention. "Enough the both of you, we have a job to do so stop being children, sack up and let's go."

They both looked at me but turned their attention to the distant rumbling.

"There back" I said, running to the entrance, the boys following.

"We have to end this" Mordo said, jumping over the railing. "Now!"

"Let's go" I said to Stephan, jumping over as well and grabbing my Chakra blades. I attacked a Zealot, same as Mordo.

"Strange get down here and fight!" Mordo yelled.

Kaecilius then finished his spell and hit the ground, but not before Stephan opened the Mirror Dimension, stopping it.

"The Mirror Dimension. You can't affect the real world in here. Who's laughing now? Asshole" Stephan said, his voice echoing as the Cloak held him up.

"I am" Kaecilius replied, using his magic to twist the room. I pushed the Zealot, who had me pinned, off and slashed her with my blades. Stephan flew towards Kaecilius making him move so he, Mordo and I could run out the door. We looked back at the building to see it moving.

"We're fucked" I muttered.

That's it for this chapter, sorry it's a shitty ending but I didn't want to make it to long. I hope you like it and I'll see you next update.

~ A. G