Chapter 78

Mj's POV
(Play Sometimes by HER)

My alarm went off at 5:35 am. I rolled over in my bed and grabbed the clothes I left out for me. I quickly got ready and grabbed whatever I needed. I finished washing my face and brushing my teeth. I didn't bother to do any makeup. I decided to leave my hair down and put my glasses on. I grabbed my luggage and my carryon back pack. Before walking out of my room, I took one last look. Taking in all the memories I had in this space. All the times Bobby would run into my room, vlogging me. Or the times the girls came over for random sleepovers. Where Colby said I love you for the first time. The nights I cried for my brother. Zion making me feel happy. Where Kian and Jc pranked me over and over again. This had become my home. My roommates weren't just roommates, they were my family. I smiled to myself, turned the lights off and shut my door. "Here's to a new beginning" I said to myself. I walked slowly down the hallway down to the living room/kitchen area. I noticed all my roommates were awake. Drinking coffee and eating bagels. "Maddi, come sit" Kian said patting a spot next to him. I smiled and walked over to my friends. We laughed and ate. Once we finished, we all walked out to the front of the house. I looked back and smiled to myself. "Thanks for making these last two years the best" I said to my friends. We hugged one last time. Kian and Jc were the ones taking me to the airport. So I gave Corey, Bobby, and Chelsey long hugs. We got into Kian's Jeep, driving towards the airport. It wasn't a long drive, so we got there around 6:40 am. The boys couldn't go any further so I turned to them. Tears filling my eyes. "I'm going to miss you two knuckle heads" I said hugging them. "I'm gonna miss you buddy" jc said. I looked over to Kian and he was crying. "I'll miss you Mj. Promise me you'll take care of yourself. And that you'll call me if anything!" He said hugging me tightly. "I promise Ki" I replied pulling away. "I love you dorks" I said to them as I grabbed my luggage. "We love you too Maddi" they said. I waved at them and went towards my gate. After getting to my gate and going through security, I was waiting for the plane. I placed my AirPods in and went on to instagram.

@/maddi.james has posted a picture

Instagram

Liked by kianlawley, colbybrock, zionkuwonu and 78,389 others

maddi.james so as many of you know, I lost my brother and my baby the same day. It hasn't been the best time for me. For as long as I can remember, my brother had always wanted to love to this city. So that is what I planned to do. Right now, I am waiting for my plane. Once I am settled in my new place, you all will know where I moved too. I think this is for the best. It gives me the chance to find who I truly am, how to be my own happiness, and just do me. I'm for sure going to miss my friends and team but I won't miss LA. As I was coping with this grief, I wrote a song about what I was feeling. So my new single, Somtimes is out now on all platforms. So here is to new beginnings. I love you all.♥️

Comments have been disabled for this post.

I finished posting on Instagram. And as I looked up, I noticed my flight had been announced for boarding. I grabbed my ticket and carryon. I walked over to the lady, handing her my ticket. "Enjoy your flight" she said me. I smiled at her and walked away from her. I took a deep breath and began to board the plane. After finding my seat, I sat down and looked out the window. For the first time, I felt free. I took that as a sign of my new beginning. I smiled to myself and got comfortable.

Zion's POV

The boys went to some dinner at Kian and Jc's. Since it was their last night in their house. I obviously stayed home. Not doing much but going live on Instagram. Then I played some fortnite and made myself dinner. And by that I mean I ordered pizza for myself. "Z were home!" I heard. I got out of my room and went into the living room. "How was it?" I asked. "Oh it was good" Edwin said. "Yo Z can I talk to you real quick?" Austin said. I found it kind of odd since we weren't on the best of terms. I nodded my head and followed him outside. "So um Maddi asked me to give to you. It seemed kind of important. I don't know what it says but you should read it alone." Austin said. I nodded my head and looked at the envelope with my name on it. "How is she?" I asked him. He looked at me "she's getting there. A lot better than before." He replied. I nodded my head and walked back into the house. I went straight to my room and closed the door. I held the envelope for awhile, debating if I should read it. "Fuck it" I said to myself. I opened it and took out the letter.
"Dear Caleb,
I know I told you that I needed time. Time for myself and to figure out things for myself. Well considering what I had been through. I decided to actually go ahead on move. You and everyone else will soon find out where. Don't try to come and find me. You have your life to live and so do I. I know we left things on a bad note but I think that is how the universe wanted things. Caleb when I first met you, I knew you would be the best and worst thing to happen to me. You and I have been through a lot. We were good together but I think in the end, we became two different people. And that is okay. If we were meant be together than I think the universe will bring us back together in the future. I love you so much. And I am sorry on my behalf for the things I have done. Anyways, by the time you read this I will be on my flight. I forgive you for everything Caleb. Please take care of yourself, and watch over our friends. They mean the world to me and so do you. Always.
                                  With love, Maddi"

"I love you Maddi." I whispered as I finished reading her letter.