Chapter 34

Mj's POV

I felt my body being shook. I rubbed my eyes becoming aware of my surroundings. "Maddi, it's time to go. Our car is out front and so are your bags." Celine said softly. I nodded my head and began to get my belongings. I quickly took my charger and my phone, placing them into the pocket of Zion's hoodie. I grabbed my glasses and put my black Jordan backpack on. Scanning the room before I leave. Making sure I had everything. I followed Celine out of the room, closing the door behind me. "You ready to go home?" Celine asked. I released a big sigh "oh more than you know. I miss being home" I said pushing my glasses back up. She let out a small laugh "trust me, I know. I miss my family. Especially my son" she replied. I smiled "how is little Jay doing?" I asked walking down the long hall. She smiled "he's getting big. He already said dada" I watched her smile fade. I placed my arm around her and gave her small hug. "I think I might be catching something. Guess we have to push this break to two months" I said fake coughing. She caught onto what I was doing. She gave me a big smile "well I guess you'll need to be on bed rest" she replied. I gave her wink and pressed the elevator button. We stood in comfortable silence as we waited for the elevator. Once the doors opened, we stepped in and waited to reach the lobby floor. "What time is our flight?" I asked. "We board the plane at 8:45 and take off is at 9. So we should be in LA in six hours. It'll be like midnight when we land" Celine explained. I nodded my head just as we got to the lobby. We walked out to the front as our car pulled up. We got in the car and waited for our driver, Paul, to drive to the airport.
It was currently 7:30 in New York. We had just enough time to get to JFK and go through security. All that fun stuff. For some odd reason, I had an uneasy feeling in my gut. Like something was going to happen. I quickly shook it off as we waited for security to check us. "You want something to drink?" Celine asked me. I shook my head and grabbed my AirPods and travel pillow. "Six hour flight is gonna be hella comfy for me" I whispered to myself.

....

"Flight 323 JFK to LAX is now boarding. Gate 24D"
Was announced, Celine and I grabbed our things as we made our way to the gate. We were in the first group to board the plane. I smiled at the lady who scanned my ticket. "Thank you for choosing Delta Airline's. Enjoy your flight" she said. I quickly thanked her and walked behind Celine. We slowly boarded the plane. I smiled at the flight attendants and we found our seats. I sat and looked out the window. Everyone had got into their seats and waited for the instructions. I played my music and slowly drifted off to sleep. Might as well catch up on my sleep since I'll be sitting here for the next six hours. I shifted in my seat, getting comfortable.
For some reason, I had dreamt about my brother Jeremy. I hardly ever dream. Maybe it's because I miss him so much. He hasn't called and I assume he must be busy in Iran.
I woke up breathing pretty hard. Sweat on my forehead. I quickly wiped it away and noticed that almost everyone was asleep. I took my AirPods out and looked around. "Just breath, you're fine Maddi" I said to myself. I pressed my button, indicating I needed some assistance. Soon a flight attendant came over to my seat. "Can I have some water please?" I asked her. She smiled and responded with a "sure thing." A minute later she came back with a small cup of water. I quickly thanked her. "Flight 323, we are 30 minutes away from Los Angeles. Where it currently 11:25 and 48 °"
Is all I heard. I leaned back in my seat and waited for this flight to be over with. The next 30 minutes were dreadful. I wanted out of this metal death trap. I felt cramped in this plane. We were now descending. I watched out the window as we were so close to the runway.
Once we landed, everyone began to get their carryons. "Are you sure you don't need a ride?" Celine asked for the third time. I laughed before replying. "Yes Celine, Caleb is picking me up. You go home and give Jay a kiss for me" she smiled and gave me a hug. "I'll see you soon then" she said as she walked away with her luggage. I sighed and waited outside. I called Zion three times and each time it went to voicemail. I then started to text him nonstop. I started to grow impatient.
As I was waiting for him, I went onto instagram. Liking posts here and there. Then I decided to watch some stories. I noticed how there was a 360 party going on. He better not have forgotten me. I thought to myself. I skipped through Haley's story and came across Jack Johnson's story. It was a video of Edwin and Zion drinking and dancing. I scoffed and existed out of the app. It's been over 30 minutes since I've been here. I quickly called Kian to come pick me up. He and his girlfriend weren't doing anything so they would be able to pick me up. I was tired, upset and angry all at the same time. I had to wait another 30 minutes for Kian to get here because of traffic. I'm not about to risk taking an Uber. I'm trying to not get kidnapped. I was watching people get picked up by their loved ones. It honestly made me even more sad. I heard a horn being honked. I looked over to see Kian waving me down. I smiled and walked towards him. I saw his girlfriend filming us, he picked up his pace and ran towards me. He attacked me in a big hug causing us to fall. I laughed at how crazy we must look. He got off of me and helped me up. "Jesus Kian, you're fucking heavy" I said dusting myself off. I laughed and gave them both a hug. "I thought Zion was suppose to pick you up?" Kian asked looking at me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Guess getting drunk was more important to him" I replied. He gave me a sad smile and I pointed my finger at him "nope don't feel bad for me. I just wanna go home and sleep." I said getting into the car.