Chapter 76

Mj's POV

Kian drove us to the reception. I touched up my makeup and sat in silence. "You wanna tell me what happened back there?" kian asked. "He wanted forgiveness. Something I couldn't give him. Told him I need time. To be happy and finally move on...without him in my life." I replied. Kian and nodded his head "I think you did the right thing Mj" he spoke. I didn't say anything else. I nodded my head and looked out the window. Watching the families walking around. What felt like hours was only a few minutes, we arrived at Jeremy's go-to bar. It's where I decided to have the reception. We walked in, noticing our friends sitting and others getting food. I walked over to the table that had pictures of my brother with his friends and some with me and my friends. On one side there was a big picture of my brother and on the other side, my ultrasound. I stood at the table and didn't notice that Mandy and her daughter were by me. "How you holding up?" Keke asked me. I smiled and looked at her "if I'm being honest, I feel like crying" I said with small laugh. Both her and her mom wrapped an arm around me. "Caleb told us you are moving." Mandy said. I sighed "yeah, I think it's time I do what is right for me" I said not looking at her. "You know he loved you. I just can't believe you'd keep his baby away from him." She said. I moved out of her grip and looked at her with tears in my eyes. "Mom, stop" Keke said. "You can't believe what I did? I don't know what your son told you but did he tell you the time he wouldn't speak to me and go party instead. Or how he forgot me at the airport. Or how every time we argued it was because of something he did? And this is my favorite, did he tell you how he cheated on me with Sammi and when we broke up he got with her? I don't want to make a scene at my brothers and baby's funeral reception. So I would like you to keep your distance or I'll have you removed." I said looking over at the Marines who watched us. She followed my gaze and looked at me. I walked away from her and to the bar where my friends stood. "You okay?" Bobby asked me. I shook my head no. "I just want today to be over with" I said. Colby pulled me in for a hug. "Come here Mj" he said. Soon Sam walked over to us and joined the hug. "You, Maddi, are the strongest person I know. And I hope you know you have us to help you no matter what." Sam said. He wiped my tears and gave me a kiss on my head. "Now, go with Colby and get something to eat." He said pushing us to the food. We laughed and made ourselves a plate.