Chapter 7 - The Nightmare

Start from the beginning

He groans in frustration before aggressively tapping his phone screen to turn the grating noise off. Sighing before dragging his body off of his king sized bed he is taken aback when he spots me all ready to go even though we have an hour and a half before we need to leave.

He furrows his eyebrows at me before speaking, "Why are you up so early?" 

His husky morning voice catches me off guard.

I gulp before replying, "Oh..ummm...I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep." I don't lie, I just withhold the truth.

Too tired to care he rolls his eyes before trudging into the bathroom. 

I quietly make my way downstairs to be greeted by the tempting smell of pancakes. 

I enter the kitchen to see Mrs Park stood by the stove, I freeze at the sight I remember so well from my childhood. My heart sinks as my mind trails back to last night.

"Good morning y/n!" Mrs Park chirps. She's always been a morning person and I will never understand how she does it, "I didn't realise you were awake so early I would've made you some." She continues before peering down at her watch, "I have some time, would you like some?" She asks.

I don't want to intrude but the mouth-watering smell I'm so use to is too good to refuse, "Yes please, if it's no trouble." 

"Of course not, it will be just like before." She states smiling at me.

[...]

She places the small mountain of pancakes infront of me along with the lemon and sugar, "I remember this was always your favourite." She speaks to me but looks elsewhere, obviously thinking about everything. 

"Yes, thank you Mrs Park." I say before taking a big bite out of one of the pancakes which became too irresistible, "Wow, they're amazing, just like they use to be." I smile before consuming more of the pancakes.

"I'm glad, I really need to go now though. See you later." She exits with a polite grin painted across her face. She's always smiling now that I think about it, the only time I recall seeing her upset was at...mum's funeral.

I push the upsetting thought's aside and continue tucking in. I missed Mrs Park's food that's for sure, eating these right now feels like a blast from the past.

[...]

After about 5 minutes Jimin materialises at the door of the kitchen.

"I can't believe mum made you pancakes and not me." He complained like a little kid and I couldn't help but smirk at his reaction.

"Well I was down here, you weren't. And clearly I'm just her favourite." I smugly smile at him. Sometimes I forget who he is and what he does to me, it's probably because of our past together but it's been happening more often since I've been staying here.

He glares at me before informing, "Anyway I'm heading out now." With that he takes his leave.

I glance at the clock only to realise I need to leave now in order to not be late.

In a state of panic I grab my bag with all of my essentials in there and rush out of the door, running until I can see Jimin's back because I know I need to stay at least 3 metres behind him at all times. I pant heavily, clearly exercise is not something I do a lot.

After what feels like an eternity the school gates come into view and I walk in proudly, kinda. As I said I feel like I look half decent today and that automatically puts a bounce in my step and a half smile on my face. 

My good mood is rudely swatted away from me when I feel someone drag me to the side of the school building and I look up to meet the gaze of JB, my best and only friend.