Chapter 27

~ February 14th; Valentine's Day! - One Week Until Twins Are Born: February 21st Due Date ~

Katniss's P.O.V.

It's finally Valentine's Day and I have it all planned out for me and Peeta: first we spend the day with each other and then a candle lit dinner in the evening by the local lake.

'Morning, Rubes.' I say as I take her out of her crib, 'looks like we gotta give daddy his breakfast since it's Valentine's Day.'

She claps her hands happily as I take her downstairs to make breakfast. Peeta's already in the kitchen, clearly having the same idea as me to make breakfast for one another.

'We had the same idea, huh?' He chuckles as I sit down at the kitchen island and place Ruby in her highchair.

'If that idea was to make each other breakfast in bed, then yeah.' I grin as he passes me a cup of coffee. I take a sip, and that wakes me up.

Peeta makes us both a plate of chocolate chip pancakes drizzled in syrup and topped off with whipped cream and more chocolate chips sprinkled on the top. The remaining space on the plate is drizzled in chocolate sauce. We eat them slowly, savouring the sweet taste of the chocolate and syrup mixed with the whipped cream.

'Damn, they were good.' I say as I place my knife and fork on my now empty plate.

He stands up and takes the plates to the dishwasher as I go through my messages. There's one from Vanessa and another from Randi, telling me about the girl's day out they have planned for me.

Vanessa: We have so much planned for today!

Randi: So exciteeeed!

I can tell! So are you two gonna tell me what you got planned?

Vanessa: Nope. But we gotta make it shorter than intended; gotta shoot an episode for Hause of Horror later on.

Ok. Well, I'll see you later then!

I put my phone back on the counter in front of me as Ruby holds out her hands to ask me to pick her up.

'Uppy!' She squeals happily.

I pick her up, much to her delight.

'The girls are going to take me out, I guess.' I say to Peeta.

'Well, the guys are taking me out, too.' He says.

'I'll have her go with me. You guys tend to get a little crazy.' I say with a smirk.

I head upstairs and take her to get dressed for the day ahead. I've picked out a pink one-piece with a floral skirt matched with a bow made with the same floral pattern as the skirt.

'Looking gorgeous, sweetie!' I smile at her.

Ruby claps her hands as I leave her to play while I get dressed. I'm wearing a black and white crop top which is tied at the front and a brown skirt which covers my pregnant belly. I do my hair up in a bun and tie a silk gold sash around my bun. I go and get Ruby into her carrier, then head back downstairs. I give Peeta a kiss before I leave.

'Have fun, you four. And be safe.' He says and gives Ruby a kiss and gently rubs my stomach.

'I will. You guys stay out of trouble. I have a great night planned later. Just us.' I say.

A smile grows on his face. 'I will wait until your return.'

I smile back. 'I as well.' I say, then head off to my outing.

' I say, then head off to my outing