Chapter 10

Katniss's P.O.V.

I feel myself in a state of awake but not. I am being dragged on the ground by my legs. But I am too stunned to move. I can hardly see. My ears are ringing. And my head is fuzzy. I feel my child moving around a lot. My heart is beating a million miles per minute. I can't call out for help. Can't scream. All I want is Peeta. But Gale has me in his prison. And now he'll never let me go. Never...

I feel myself be lifted up and set on something hard. It is warm and is making noise. It must be a car. I can see barely. It is cloudy, and swirling. Gale moves my head to look at him.

"Thought you'd wait for me, Catnip. I wanted one of our own. Not just some guy." He says and runs the back of hs index finger along my face. "But soon we will. But who's ever it is.... it won't be for long."

He bounds my hands at the wrists with zip wire. He puts the over my head. He moves my long hair away. He puts it under my back. He leans down and kisses me. Instant fear and heart ache comes. I feel my soul leave me when he touches where my child is. I can feel more of me now. But I am too weak to get him away. I can only shift a little bit.

"Won't be able to go anywhere, Catnip. Not yet. We've only just begun." He whispers in my ear.

He runs his hands along my body. I feel myself cringe. I keep my eyes shut and hold my breath. Tears slip from my closed eyes. I hear the rip of duct tape. I open my eyes. Gale places it over my mouth. His grey eyes look into mine stricken with fear. His show a dominate passion. Almost sinister. He kisses all along my neck. I feel goosebumps rise on my whole body. I get enough feeling and I shift my weight. My shoulder hits his face. He swears under his breath and moves away.

"Guess we need to get this over with now." He says. "Shame, I was enjoying my sweet time."

I get enough strength to move my legs. I attempt to kick him, but end up sliding down the the car instead. He stops me. He puts me back on the hood again.

"Such a bad girl you've become, Katniss. I thought you'd learn by now, not to cross me." He says and slams my body back hard on the car hood. I groan in pain.

Gale holds me down with his forearm. I feel my breath and heart go quicker. I try to move free. He pushes down harder.

"Don't even think about it, Katniss. Otherwise this'll be more of a pain, than pleasure. Just.. let it be." He says and kisses my cheek.

He slowly moves his hand down me. He stops at my jeans. My worst fear is becoming and reality. I will be a victim of an awful thing. Every woman's nightmare. Rape...

Peeta's P.O.V.

I finish leaving the sixteenth voicemail to Katniss. I am freaking out. I have told the Amphitheater Security. They are on the lookout. So am I. I don't want to worry Prim, but I'll need to tell her soon. It is getting close to midnight. Luckily it is the weekend. We are done with school next Friday. Then we'll be officially Seniors in High School. Which is crazy to me. While I wait for any news of the whereabouts of my girlfriend, and mother of my daughter, I want to get Katniss something to make up. The band is doing a meet-and-greet. I want to get her an autograph. I'm not a big fan, but I know Katniss is. She'll be ecstatic about this. The line moves forward. I move up. In about ten minutes, I reach the band.

"Hey! So, what's your name?" Charlie Scene asks me as I hand him the picture.

"Oh, it's not for me. My girlfriend. Katniss. She's a big fan." I say.

They pass it along the members. They realize that J-Dog isn't in his seat.

"Hey, just hang out a minute. J-Dog just ran to do somethin." Danny tells me.