Chapter 18

~We chose these songs for anybody's perspective, and apply in vise-versa for being sung to.~

~New Years Eve 2018~

Peeta's P.O.V.

Tonight is the New Year's Eve party. The HU crew couldn't make it, for some reason but Jorel sounded angrier than usual over the phone.

'Sorry but we're busy at the minute,' he had said coldly, 'we're working on something at the minute. Maybe tomorrow.'

Jorel hung up the phone after that, leaving me in a state of confusion at his words. I didn't know what to feel more confused about, the fact that he was angry or why he was working on New Year's Eve.

I set the food down on the table as I hear a knock on the door. The guests are arriving early, the party doesn't start until 8PM. I go to answer and Theresa is stood there on the doorstep, dressed in a strapless maroon dress coupled with a leather jacket and her hair curled at the edges.

'Reese? What are you doing here so early?' I ask her as I step to the side and let her in.

'Decided to come early,' she shrugs, 'Danny was going off on a rant about you walking out on Katniss and I got bored of it, so I came here.'

'But I didn't walk out on her!' I say defensively, 'she was pregnant again and I wasn't ready for another kid!'

'Hey, I can understand that. I felt the same way when I found out I was pregnant with Roman. It's natural.' She comforts me.